Chapter 8:

Nate:

I texted Emma over a million times and called her but she never answered. I actually thought that she would forgive me easily like how those girls in my sisters story's forgive the guys that hurt them. But I guess it wasn't like that at all. Emma didn't want to talk to me anymore and I have never seen her so angry like how I did yesterday.

To Emma💞😍

"Hey M, I'm really sorry about what happened."

To Emma💞😍

"Please talk to me. I miss u."

To Emma💞😍

"Emma please. Just answer me."

To Emma💞😍

"Ok I get it u're mad. But that doesn't mean that u can just ignore me. I sorry. I mean it I'm really sorry just answer me please. I really need to talk to u it's important."

To Emma😡

"I'm not going to stop texting u M. Just answer me. Emma."

I was just about to send her another text when I heard a knock to the door. I opened it and there stood Jack Johnson and Tory.

"Hey Tory hey Johnson."

"Nate lets get somethings straight. You are no longer allowed to call me Tory or Tor. You are only allowed to call me Torisa. And another thing, I didn't come here to get to know you, I came to tell you that Emma said that she doesn't want you to ever text her again or ever call her. Do you understand!?"

Before I could even answer she turned on her heels and left. She went to her car and I saw that in the passenger seat was Emma. I wanted to call her so bad and just run away with her but I know that could never happen.

"Nate this girl has got you whipped." He chuckled walking into my house.

"No she doesn't."

"Yes she does dude. Your chasing after her and your getting so worked up for a girl who doesn't even want to look you in the eyes."

"Whatever. Wanna play some Fifa."

"Sure."

We went over to the couch and I got the controllers. A couple minutes later my sister came down stairs.

"Hey Mallory. Where are you going?"

"To Emma's we have a project due tomorrow." That's right. I forgot that Emma and Mallory are friends.

"Do you want me to drive you there?"

"No it's ok. I can drive myself."

"But I incise. When was the last time I offered you a ride?"

"Never."

"Exactly. So take this as a sign."

"A sign as to what?"

"That I'm being nice so let's go."

"I'll just stay here." Johnson said holding the controller. We left the house and got my car. When we got to Emma's house I had Mallory knock on the door since I knew she would never answer for me. 

Mallory knocked on the door and there stood Emma. She was smiling so wide and she looked so beautiful. She was wearing my basketball shorts from when I stayed at her house and a loose crop top. When she saw me her smile slowly started to fade away.

"Hey Emma."

"Hi Nate. So you ready to start Mal?"

"Ye-"

"Actually, can I talk to you for a quick minute Emma?"

"Sure." Mallory stepped inside of her house as Emma came out.

"So what do you want?.."

"Your finally talking to me. That's an improvement."

"Ha-ha-ha so funny." We both smiled at each other and looked into each other's eyes. "So uh, what do you want?"

"I wanted to talk about us. And um getting back together."

"Nate-"

"No just hear me out. I love you Emma. And I'm so so so so so sorry for how things played out and that you found out this way. I'm especially sorry for even going along with that stupid bet. You are so amazing and I would consider myself the luckiest man alive for being able to spend time with you and being able to call you mine. And even if you don't forgive me Emma, and if I can't have you, no one will be able to. I didn't mean to hurt you. But I did. It happened and I hate that it did. Please Emma. Just forgive me. I love you."

I pulled her close to me to the point that I was towering over her and her head was on my chest. She wrapped her arms around my torso and I put my thumb under her chin and made her look at me.

"I want to forgive you..but-but...."

"But what?" She moved away from me as a tear slid down her face.

"I-I can't." She started going inside her house when I gently grabbed her wrist causing her to turn around to me.

"What do you mean you can't?"

"I can't let someone in only to be let down again Nate. W-when you first talked to me, my whole world turned upside down. It didn't make sense to me that a guy like you would ever want something to do with a girl like me. And then it all made sense. I was your bet. You didn't want me, you just wanted the money and the sex. And I can't let you in knowing that you could hurt me anytime. I'm sorry." She got out of the grip I had on her and walked back inside of her house.

I fucked up big time. And now I have to find a way to fix it. But how? She doesn't want to talk to me. That's it I have a plan. She may hate me or may love me after this but I'm doing it.