Chapter 1: The Thought Of Him

"Emma, stop staring at him and actually talk to him." That was easy for my best friend Tory to say. It was easy for her to talk to boys. But as of me, I could look at them all day and make them feel creeped out.

"Emma I'm not kidding talk to him. Your supper pretty and if you don't go and at least say hi to him, some other girl will."

I looked away from him just to look her in the eyes. And she looked like she wanted to slap the shit out of me if I didn't get up and talk to him. " Tory. You talk to guys like its no big deal. I'm nothing like that. If I even see a hot guy I just go into a dream state that creeps them out." I say letting out a light giggle.

But what I said was kind of a lie. there was this one guy that she would dare never talk to. Samuel Wilkinson. He was her bad boy. And Nate was my bad boy. Unlike Sam, Nate had tattoos. from what I could see, it was just one. But it was hot. he's the only guy Tory wouldn't talk to. And I took advantage of that. Every time we would see the two in the hall, I would tell her there's bae. Go to bae. In a high pitched baby voice.

After school Tory and I were walking home when we saw Sam and Nate drive around the corner.

We tried to cover our faces but they saw us. My heart skipped 5 beats when he looked up from his phone. His dark brown eyes looked up at me. Those lips were so pink it was like looking at the most beautiful flower.

" Hello ladies. I'm Sam This is Nate and you are." I chocked on my words trying to say my own name. Then I finally spit it out.

"My names Emma. And this is Tory."

Nate looked at us both and then looked back at me. " Emma. Aren't you in my history and math class." I gave him an easy nod while looking into his eyes.

Sam looked at Tory with the most seductive look in his eyes. " Tory look at me" I stared at her as he demanded her to look at him. " We have almost every class together don't we." She gave him a nod too. " Well hope to see you girls around."

When they drove off, Tory and I talked about that all the way to her house. Since she lives closer to the school.

It was the best thing that has ever happened to me. Nate Maloney. Talking to me.