Chapter 16

***Scarlett's POV:***
*** Recap***
"I'd like everyone to welcome, our newest member to the gang, Mike Hobbs." Daniel announces.

Mike who to the what now?!

Oh shut up! The only reason you don't like him is because Natalia chose him.

No! Something doesn't smell right. And it's not just the sweat of the men in this room.

"Where the hell is your mind at?! We just introduced a new gang member, while you're in Lala Land?!" Barbie scoffs snapping her fingers in my face.

"Well at least I have a mind, which is a step up from you. So, I suggest you keep your manicured hands away from my face before I break them both." I say as I turn around to head to the shooting range.

I feel nails digging into my shoulder as Natalia turns me around: "This conversation is over when I say it is. Listen to me carefully, you and Daniel will never happen. He's got me now he was just using you. He's mine!"

"He's yours? What is he some posession you own?! Should I wrap him up for you in a paper bag and you can take him with you home. Listen scumbag I don't want Daniel you can have him. You two deserve each other anyway." I say with eyes blazing.

I make my way to the shooting range. That place has become my refugee ever since I came here. It gives me peace and tranquility, despite it being a shooting range... the irony.

"I thought I'd find you here." I hear an unfamiliar voice say .

"Since you're the new kid, how the hell would you know this is my regular hang out?" I ask with suspicion.

"I'd hardly consider a 30 year old a kid. And I've done my homework, didn't think I'd enter the gang without knowing my duties." He says raising an eyebrow.

"Oh since when have I become your "duty"". This guy gives me the creeps, he's hiding something I can tell , this man can't be trusted.

"You weren't, but your friend Jasmine was, what a pretty girl . It's a shame I couldn't finish my business with her." He says darkly.

At the sound of her name, I grab the gun and point it at him.

" How the hell do you know Jasmine?! What did you do to her?! Is she ok?! God damn it why aren't you answering!? I'll pull this trigger right now without a second thought!" I yell

"Hey, hey cupcake calm down! Mike inside now!" Kyle says while barging into the room and Mike sends me a fleeting wink.

"That son of a... " I run to grab him before he leaves, but Kyle grabs my shoulders and holds me in place.

"Why did you interfere?! I was handling it! I - Jasmine.. " I sob as I sink to the floor.

"Hey it's ok . We'll talk once you're feeling better and you'll tell me what's wrong ok?" He says as he holds me tight.

"No," I say now standing up and pushing him away. "I don't need your help, I need to talk to Daniel."

I leave Muffin speechless and God did it hurt doing that to him, but I'm determined to escape today and nothing is going to stop me. I make my way to Daniel's office, I need to give him the heads up about Mike; I wish I hadn't though.

I stand in a state of shock at the door and watch as Daniel finally realizes I'm here and untangles his lips from Natalia's.

"Oh Scarlett what a pleasure. I'm sorry if the sight disturbed you. I told you we should've locked the door Dani." She says with mockery in her voice.