Chapter -1

This wasn't your average mistake of a one-night stand. No, this was one evil conceded plan of luck, theory, manipulation and one end goal that I wish I knew before I made a deal with the devil.

The devil being one of a classic underground hidden organization that decided they wanted to have a bit more power then us supernatural. I say 'us', because I like to think of myself a part of the world I have grown up in, even though I am not considered one of them.

My father was a werewolf and my mother was human... of what I have heard considering she died when she had me. The reason was that werewolf babies are not compatible to a human body so my mom wasn't strong enough in the end to pull through.

But even though my father found another wife who is a werewolf and a year later gave be a little (annoying) brother, never once in my day have I not thought about my real mother.

I guess she could have related to me better, since she was human and I am good as, because I can't shift like my step mom, half brother or father. No, my werewolf gene was not the dominate one, kind of like us woman carrying hemophilia... which is a really bad thing to compare it to...

I love my family though, I couldn't have asked for a more caring family as I grew up. A stepmother, who taught me her secret recipe for cookies and helped me pick my prom dress. An over protective dad and a younger brother who you yelled at for being beyond annoying, and teaching him how to treat his future girlfriends.

The same younger brother being the reason I am currently on my knees; head down at gunpoint to make sure he lives another day. Even though I might be willing to kill him since he has gotten me into this situation for him in the first place.

" I don't see why you think you can come in here and bargain with us for your brother." The voice snarls above me and I grit my teeth to make sure I don't reply with my snarky comments that have earned my a few slaps so far." He pledged to us he would bring us the money in the restricted time of the year and he hasn't even been able to supply us with half of that."

" I told you the story, someone stole the money from his account two weeks ago, and he hired someone to track down the guy who did it. The guy who stole the money is called Caleb Lynch, if you want the damn money find him!" I spit out tired of giving him the same information, feeling like this integration is going around it circles.

"I don't think you quite get what code you brother has broken here." The man interrogating me finally changes the direction of the conversation. I didn't get time to see what he looks like, bearing in mind I was tripped to the knees and my head has been forced down by two guards ever since. His voice would suggest late forties and his shinning black shoes and pressed pants means he is higher up in this demonic organization.

"I didn't realize you foul human beings had a code." SMACK, across the cheek as I bite my tongue from crying up. The sting in my cheek is throbbing as well as the ringing in my ears.

I feel the warm breathe from my interrogator as he leans down to my level." Our code is what keeps everyone in order and in check. We want things done and done right and on time. It's not our fault that your brother lost the money he promised to deliver when he joined us. Its on his head." He seethes out and realized I was holding my breath when he finally walks away." I don't know whether to find it honorable or a sign of weakness to your brother for having his sister groveling for his freedom."

I bite harder on my tongue to not replay to that, feeling the heat radiating painfully off my slapped cheek.

"You might be interested to know we have already started our own little investigation on Caleb Lynch." He says quite simply and I was about to lift my head up in my own surprise to see his face, but it was shoved down, making my neck creak." Your brother told us his name before we... kept him for safe keeping, in the mean time."