(V) "Tell Me Just What Will I do"

Mulai dari awal

     She remembered Thriller being recording in Studio A.  "Alright.  I'll find it."

     In ten minutes, the girls were ready to leave the Marquez family vacation home.  Since Walter Yetnikoff, President of Epic, wanted Isabella to record in Los Angeles, the Marquez family was renting a home there for them to all be together.

     In the car, Isabella explained in depth what Quincy said.  They tried to figure out exactly what he had up his sleeve but couldn't think of anything concrete.  And it didn't really matter.  He said he had a something for her.  That was what was most important.

     Quincy met the two girls with hugs in the parking lot.  He then led them through a private entrance.  They were in awe as they walked through the corridor to end in a fancy lounge area.  The lights were dimmed and there was absolute silence all around them.

     "This is so beautiful, Q," Penelope said. 

     Quincy offered them a seat on a cushioned couch.  He perched himself on the arm of a sofa across from them.  "So how are things going with the album?"

     "Oh, great," Isabella began.  "We've been hooked up with some really great producers and writers and they even let Pete and Penny put some work in too."

     "Some," Penelope stressed. 

     "Well, they want to make sure the songs are right and marketable and blah blah blah."

      "So do you have a hit yet?  First single?" he asked.

     "Maybe," Isabella said sharing a glance with her sister before laughing.  "Well, they really want my first single to be something upbeat so I can dance to it and show off that side of me but honestly we have some really strong ballads right now.  So I don't know."

     "Deadline?"

     "Oh gosh, they want me in the Grammy's for next year so we only have until the end of next month.  They want the album out in early August."

     They had to make the deadline to be eligible for nominations at the Grammys in '88 which was September 30, 1987.

     "They want her to have at least two singles," Penelope explained.

     "And it's so much pressure.  But I'm trying. I mean, we didn't officially start working on the album until last month but we've been working on songs for over a year now.  But still..."

     "Well," Quincy said with a pat on his thigh, "I'm going to be honest, I've been caught up.  So I haven't been able to come up with anything specifically for you but I think I have a plan and I think you'll like it."

      Isabella smiled, anxious to hear what he had to say.

     "The artist that has me all tied up is working on a duet and hasn't been successful in finding a partner.  But being that you're about to crossover to the wild side, I think this would be perfect for you to do."

     "Who's the artist?" Isabella asked with the widest smile.

    "How about you get a feel for the song first and then I'll tell you."  He stood up to his feet.  "Yeah?"

     The two girls stood up.  "Is it Donna Summer?" Isabella asked laughing.

     "I can't tell you," Quincy said as he led them to the control room.

     As soon as he opened the door, the girls felt as if they had entered into heaven.  The room was bright and spacious.  Through the window, they admired the spacious soundstage and beautiful high wooden ceilings.