"Yeah, I probably should, too." She clicked her tongue. "Goodnight, Ashley James. I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow." She said. I smiled and nodded my head. "I'll talk to you later."

"Yeah." I smiled. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." She said one more time before she hung up. I reached over to grab my phone charger so I could plug my phone in for the night. Before I could set it down, however, I saw a message from Julia on Facebook.

My heart pounded as I opened up the Facebook app as quick as I could.

Julia Rink: Hi. Remember that we're meeting in the park at noon. I'll see you then.

     My face must've looked like I had just seen a dead body for the first time. I had almost completely forgotten about our plans to get together. Julia Rink, my ex-best friend, wants to talk to me.

I didn't know how to respond, so I just sent a simple "yeah, see you then."

     Oh, my God.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

     On my way over to the park the next morning, there was no doubt that I was shaking like mad. I was absolutely terrified. What is Julia going to say? Is she going to tell me more mean things? Is she going to know that I've found out I really am gay? What will she say? Will I tell her?

I hoisted my jacket higher up on my shoulders as I felt it slide down. My heart was beating fast and my palms started to sweat. I haven't been alone with Julia in a really long time. Who knows what she's going to say.

As soon as I spotted her on a bench, I wanted to throw up. She was looking down at her phone and didn't notice me yet, so I had time to stop. I stared at her for a good ten seconds while my mind jumped from this to that several times.

I took a deep breath and took the first step forward. From there, it felt like I was programmed to walk towards her. There was no other way I could go in this situation.

When I got close enough, she must've heard a twig snap underneath my foot, so she looked up. I almost collapsed right then.

"Hi, Ashley." She smiled politely and scooted over on the bench to make room for me. I cleared my throat once again and hesitantly sat down to the right of her. I was sweating and I was nervous - I had no idea how to act around her anymore.

"Hi." I finally spoke and forced my head to look at her. This was extremely hard for me.

"Hi." She said once more as her lips turned upwards into a smile.

I wanted to cry, I wanted to run away, I wanted to call May, I wanted to know this was a dream, but that was all unrealistic. I have to face this no matter what. It'll provide me some closure, at least.

"What'd-" I cleared my throat, "what'd you want to talk about?" I took a deep breath and awkwardly placed my hands in my lap. I wanted to look as comfortable as I could but I knew it wasn't working out.

She stared at me for a few seconds before I quickly looked away and focused on the ground. It was much more interesting than my ex-best friend beside me - at least, I told myself that.