Twenty Seven

I hate time skips sorry but I didn't know what to write about

Tomorrow is going to be a big day. My twentieth birthday and today is my last day as a teenager. The last month flew by and only because I had all of my friends by my side.

Jack and I stopped talking, but I realized where he was coming from and just completely let it go. Michael left a week and a half ago back to New York and I really wanted him to stay for my birthday.

I've been driving around my gold Mercedes not really caring to give it back to Jack because he did say it was my car, right? Sam plops down onto the couch next to me with a big smile on his face.

"Excited for tomorrow?" He asks me with a sly grin, putting his arm over my shoulder.

"Yes, only just close friends, okay?" I ask.

"Fuck that. We're getting shit faced and I invited a whole bunch of people to come here. We'll just blow a personal birthday cake with friends and then another with everyone else."

As for Sam and I, I guess you can say we're experimenting. We're trying not to do the whole strings attached, but be together. It's weird and hard to explain, but he hasn't left my side through this whole thing once.

Nate and Johnson have tied down to one girl too. Nate has Lani (KEHLANI N NATE I SHIP SO HARD) and Johnson has Rachel.

"Okay, a little change of plans." Johnson calls from downstairs as he comes through the door. "We're blowing the personal cake today!"

My eyebrows pull together and I leap up from the couch. He walks up the steps with the cake and his lovely recent girlfriend. She was the girl he brought to that one dinner that Sam held. Turns out she really is super sweet and perfect for him.

"I told most of our close friends and yours too." Johnson tells me and I clap my hands together. "They're on their way."

"You guys are the best." I squeal.

"You're like family. We're going to make your birthday a big deal." Sam hugs me to his side. "Nate!" He shouts through the house, trying to get him to come out here with his girlfriend.

"It's ice cream cake so everyone's gotta hurry their asses up." Johnson says, setting it down in the coffee table.

"Happy Birthday... Camille?" I laugh.

"Little did I know it was a Mexican pastry shop. Don't worry, tomorrow's cake will have your actual name and it might be way better because I told Jack to get it." Johnson shrugs.

My eyes widen, "you told Jack to get it?! He's fucking crazy and he hates me! He gonna put a taser in it or poison it."

"He's not that crazy, Cam." Sam squeezes my shoulder.

As we continue to make conversation, more people show up. Not many though because it's just close friends.

"Shit, it's melting." Nate says, swirling his finger in a puddle of frosting.

"Okay! Everyone sing-" Johnson starts, but is cut off when we hear he front door swing open.

"Don't blow the cake yet!"

The voice is so recognizable. Why the hell is he here? Jack comes stumbling up the steps with a big white box with a white bow attached to the top.

"I made it." He smiles, setting the gift on the table.

"Just put it aside, she's opening gifts tomorrow." Sam says to Jack.

"But I want her to open it today." Jack pants, shoving the box towards me.

"I'll open it after I blow the cake." I huff. "Don't know why you're here, but okay..."

Everyone joins in on the singing and I can't help but smile and blush. It's so awkward just seeing all eyes on you as you hear them all sing.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Camila, happy birthday to you."

I let out a laugh and blow the candles out. Rachel quickly cuts the half melted cake and gives everyone a piece. They all go to talking to each other.

"Camila." Sam whispers into my ear.

"Yes?" I smile, turning towards him.

He wipes a finger full of blue frosting onto my cheek and my mouth pops open.

"Sam!" I laugh, holding his wrist back as he tries to get my forehead.

"I'm sorry, gimme a kiss." He puckers his lips.

I begin to lean him to give him a peck on the lips. He wipes the finger onto my lips as leans back, laughing.

"Nasty ass!" I shout to him as licks the frosting off his finger.

Jack clears his throat, "Camila?"

I look up at him and he gestures to the white box on the glass table. I give him a small smile. I forgot about that. I begin to untie the bow at the top and let it fall to the sides of the box.

I open the top and it reveals the color red. Red roses. Red boxes. It's absolutely stunning. (Pic at top). I make eye contact with Jack and he has his bottom lip pulled in between his teeth, watching me nervously. I guess I'll open the individual boxes tomorrow.

"Thank you." I say to him, fighting the urge to run into his arms.

He blinks at my blunt reaction, "you're welcome." He breathes.

"Babe, go wash your face." Sam grins, taking a rose from the box and putting the stem in between his teeth.

"You are trying to ruin my foundation." I point a finger to Sam and narrow my eyes at him. "I'll be back." I tell Jack who nods.

I quickly go into the bathroom and Sam follows me like a little puppy. Actually a tall puppy. When I successfully take off the frosting with removing minimal makeup, I exit the bathroom and Sam insists on giving me a ten foot distance piggyback ride.

He drops me down onto the couch where Jack is. I could've sworn Jack hated me, but maybe he doesn't be amuse he bought me a generous gift. Jack looks at me with sad eyes as I swear my heart drops.

"You and Sam, huh?" He gives me a weak smile, chuckling.

"We're not anything serious." I reply, glancing at Sam who's conversing with Nate, Lani and Dominic.

"Really? The nickname calling, playful frosting fight, and the almost kiss."

"Why do you care anyway?" I ask, leaning my back on the couch.

"Maybe I care because I'm still in love with you. We talked a month ago and you left me hanging." He emphasizes and puts the blame all on me.

"You were the one that shut me out, Jack. Don't turn this against me." I snap before getting up from the couch and putting a fake smile on my face.

{vote, comment, share}