Thirty

"I can't just come crawling back into your arms. What about Sam?" I breathe in disbelief.

"What about him? He's Sam. There's no such thing as heartbreak for him." Jack informs me.

I hesitate on answering Jack, "I don't want my heart broken by you again! It always happens. Over and over."

"All I'm asking for is a final chance and if I fuck up, then it's done." He puts his hands up in surrender. "I don't want to be without you. We can't just make love one night and then argue the next day."

Make love? I thought it was just fucking to him.

"I don't know, Jack." I sigh.

"What's so hard about forgiving me?" He asks. "It's three simple ass words. I. Forgive. You." He emphasizes.

"It's not that easy!" My voice raises. "I'm starting to have trust issues when it comes to you." I truthfully say and he looks taken aback.

"Why?" His voice turns from strong to frigid and shaky. "The last thing I want is for you not to trust me."

"Your actions." I bite my bottom lip.

Do I tell him that he's legit bipolar.

"I know." He uses his fingers to rub his forehead.

"Let me think about it first, okay?" I say and he nods his head.

I hold up the objects once more in an offer, "Take it or leave it."

He scoffs, "leave it. I can afford my own things, thank you."

He went from sad to angry in a split second. I can't keep up.

"I have to talk to Sam first." I purse my lips together, not wanting him to give up on us yet.

I know I've made him chase me for so long, but I kind of want to see how far he'd just to be with me. I've been thinking about spending the rest of my life with him and what'd it'd be like.

"Camila, please." Jack breathes, stepping out of the door and closer to me.

I can't just abandon Sam like that. Jack does have a point when he says that there's no such thing as heartbreak for Sam. I just don't want to be that kind of person. I shake my head.

"Let me go talk to him first." I say and Jack lets out a frustrated groan, running his hand through his hair. "I don't want him to be pissed off at the both of us."

That's kind of a half lie, I really don't want to talk to Sam about an 'us'. He probably doesn't even think we're a thing at all. I don't refer to Sam as heartless, but just oblivious.

"You're going to leave me for him? Pathetic. He's going to hurt you. I've known him since seventh grade and he isn't the one to do relationships." Jack snaps.

"I know, but I need to talk to him." I calmly say as if to a wild animal that could pounce any second.

"If you must." He rolls his eyes, annoyed.

Annoyed with my words. Annoyed with me. The feeling is very mutual, Jack. I nod once, slowly stepping backwards, gripping onto the rose and the rolex box like its the last thing I'll ever hold in my entire life.

I get into my car and drive in the direction back to my house. I pretty much speed the entire way there, my brain clogged with so many thoughts. When did I ever get tied between these two?

Maybe I shouldn't be with Sam because he doesn't believe in relationships. I arrive shortly to my house, but just sit in my car that's parked in the driveway. I don't want to face my dad.

He'd question me with things like 'why didn't you give him the box?' or 'that was really quick' or 'was he not home?' After sitting here for about ten minutes and realize how stupid I am, I get out of my car.

"How come you still have the box?" My dads eyebrows furrow as he walks to me.

I want to tell him that Jack wasn't home.

"Well, he kind of, I don't know..." I try and stall.

"Camila?" My dad says my name sternly and persistent.

I fight the urge to mock him and my eyes widen. Now I actually gotta tell him. I know that tone and if I don't speak up, things are going to end with me sleeping on the road curb.

"He- he isn't pro-"

The doorbell rings, cutting off my words. My dads frown deepens further as he goes to answer the door. I follow closely behind him. He swings it open and Jack appears, opening his mouth to speak right away.

"How do I know you're here? You took a left instead of a right to Sam's house." He starts.

Damn, he saw. I shake off the thought immediately and pay attention to his words, finding out why he's actually here.

"I know I'm not your favorite person at the moment, but you're mine. I can tell that your father is very confused as are you, but we've been through everything together. Thick and thin." Jack goes down on one knee, making my breath shallow.
+
"We're very young, but I know that want to spend the rest of my life with you. Until we grow old and you end up hating me." He chuckles to himself a little. "Will you marry me?"

{vote, comment, share}