Sixteen

Jack swallows a lump in his throat and rubs his hands together nervously. Come on, Jack. Spit it out.

"No." He lies and he's so bad at it.

I roll my eyes at this pathetic words, "tell me the truth." I seethe

Jack sighs, running his hand over his face, "fine. Yes, I was."

"Why?" I quietly ask.

"My dad has already moved onto another woman. It's really messing with me."

He's being so hypocritical. I want to yell at him and say he moved on, in like a day, but I don't want to make him mad. I also feel bad for him, though because of that.

My mouth pops open, "that doesn't mean you have to do drugs to deal with it!"

"Well I'm sorry if I don't want to fucking cry. I'm not like you." He shoots towards me.

I frown and nod my head. Fair enough. I keep my mouth zipped because now I know he's definitely not in a good mood. I sit on both of my hands, not saying a word.

"I'm a grown man, I can make decisions for myself." He adds.

"I never said you couldn't." I inform him, my voice sounding snappy.

It's ten in the morning and were arguing already. Why does it make me feel like we're married when we argue. This is bad. We just started dating again, too.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it." Jack's voice softens as he walks over to my side, sitting next to me.

I shake my head, "no worries. I just want to know what Dominic was doing here." I look straight at him.

"Don't worry about it." He tells me.

"Okay..." My voice trails off.

I chew on my bottom lip. Jack hops up from the bed and looks down at me, grinning. Why did he just suddenly turn all happy? and buoyant?

"I know what I want to do today. Let's go on a little date. Explore Los Angeles a little."

Jack holds his hand out to me and I purse my lips. I obviously give in like I always do and act like he didn't just snap at me. I still can't get over the fact that he smoked.

I grab onto Jack's hand and stand up. He pretty much drags me out of the door like he always does. Such a bipolar person. I still need to have a talk with Dominic because this whole situation is unsolved.

I quickly slip on my white converse as Jack ties the laces to his black shoes. He probably wants to take me on a 'date' so I can get my mind off of topic and not question him any further.

*

As were strolling down the sidewalk, last off of these boutiques and tumblry shops, I spot a smoothie place and pretty much haul Jack inside of it. Of course, he's the type of person to think that green drinks are girly.

"Try one with me, please." I beg, tugging on his hand. "I'll pay for us, too."

Jack glares at me for a moment and then tightens his grip on my hand, "nice try, I'm paying."

"Just try one with me." I repeat.

He rolls his eyes, "fine."

I squeal like a little girl and approach the counter, mentally thanking God that it's a female and not a male because then Jack would get all tense and protective. That thankfulness quickly evaporates once I see her ogling Jack.

"Don't get anything with spinach in it." Jack tells me, eyeing the menu and being completely oblivious to the cashier.

"That's what makes it green." I laugh.