Chapter 1

Kaneki's POV

"Hide wait up!" I yelled.
I fixed the eyepatch into place before running to catch up to my best friend..... best friend. The name didn't seem to fit him, after all I wished he was more.

It didn't matter though even if Hide did like me back.... us being together.... it's just to dangerous. I'm surprised we are still friends in all honesty and it almosted seemed to me like he knew about me. About my secret, that I was a ghoul.

Once I caught up to him he looked at me and just stared into my eyes before giving me his signature smile and ruffling my dark black hair. "Kaneki?" He muttered his hands still messing with my hair.
"Yes Hide?"

"If you have time... could you maybe come over today?" He questioned finally taking his hands out of my hair.

I thought about it for a minute, I hadn't eaten in a little over a month and I felt the need to eat badly and I was going to after school today.

What would I tell Hide though, that I was just busy? I know he won't believe something like that. Well I guess I was busy but he would want to know what I was doing... I'll be fine.

"Sure I'd love to go to your house."
"Thanks," he said just before embracing me in a tight hug. I felt butterflies in my stomach and the erge to just kiss him. I didn't want to let go and Hide just kept his arms around me as if he knew there was something going on and that I could really use a long warm hug.

It felt good to be in his arms I felt surprisingly safe and that I could do anything without being judged so I did just that. I let tears form at my eyes and slide down my face, wetting Hide's shoulder that I rested my head upon.

Hide didn't seem surprised that I randomly started crying, but I just couldn't help it. I finally felt able to let my emotions go.

There was just so much going on. Hiname's mom had recently died and I couldn't save her. All I could do was stop Hiname from seeing her die.... and I had to fight an investigator and Touka killed one...
"Hide," I managed to say between quiet sobs.

"Yes Kaneki?" He said as he rubbed circles in my back.

"Why does the world have to be so cruel," I muttered tiredly as I was out of breath from crying. What he said next was strange as of he knew exactly what I had meant by what I said.

"Because Kaneki, the world doesn't understand eachother, there are ghouls and there are humans and it doesn't matter what we seem to do. People just can't see that not all ghouls are evil," he stopped for a moment as if he wasn't sure if he should say what he wanted to and then stopped completely, deciding that he shouldn't say it then he said instead, "Come on Kaneki let's go home."

His arms left their place around my body he held my face up with his hand under my chin and wiped the tears from under my eyes.

We rode our bikes to Hide's apartment keeping at a rather slow pace not rushing ourselfs. Once we got to Hide's aparment he unlocked the door and I brought my bike inside putting it in a kinda big closet where we kept our bikes.

I knew the drill I had been to Hide's house countless times however since I had become a ghoul I was around him a lot less, the only reason being that I was scared... scared of Hide finding out.

A/N
There's the first chapter I was going to make this chapter a lot longer then I decided it would be better if I split it up into smaller chapters. So sorry if it's short but if you want longer then just tell me, or tell me if this length is fine. Also I'd like to know how often you want me to update.