Chapter 17: Kimono

A/N: This one may not be as fluffy as the last one. But keep an open mind, I'm aiming for a realistic approach to Benkei and Emilys relationship. They still are, after all in the getting to know each other phase.

KIMONO
___________________________________________

Inside the shop was breathtaking, to anyone else here it was completely normal; average even. But to me, my eyes could not absorb everything all at once; my mouth hung open in silent awe as my eyes darted around the simple establishment. The colors and shine of fabric somewhat bounced off the walls and shelves. Patterns and magnificently embroidered kimonos were all around me, displayed on wooden rods to keep the fabric from creasing displaying their full beauty. Everything was eye catching. Gold pheonixes with red crests, wings outstretched flying above bamboo forests; White and Orange Koi fish spiraling around one another in blue pools of blue green thread; Mountain peaks and forests, blooming anemones, poppies, sunflowers. I felt like I could stay here and soak up all the wonderful handiwork one by one and my heart desperately wanted to try on all of them.

"Emily look! This is a lovely color no?"

Sakura found herself back to me holding out a thick robe in a peachy pink with horses running across grassy fields all along the hem of the skirt.

"Its beautiful, you would look good in this." Without a doubt of course.

"NO, SILLY! I meant for YOU." she expressed while tickling my shoulder with her index finger.

"Sakura, I don't have any money. I can't afford this kind of extravegance." My head said no, but my heart wanted anything as pretty as this garment so much.

Sakura leaned in and whispered to me as Benkei and Goyo herded themselves into the shop busying themselves sorting through mens kimono.

"When I woke up in the woods, I had some money on me. I wanted to pay for this one im wearing earlier myself but Goyo insisted he pay for it himself."

"Yeah?" I could somewhat sense where she was headed with her sharing.

"And now that I still have my money, I want to buy something for you as well!" Her gleeful little heart grinned and giggled in cheer.

I wondered to myself what it would be like to have a sister.

"I can't have you do that." My forehead wrinkled as i hesistantly declined her offer.

"You really don't like this??" Her expression changed almost hurt.

"No, its just that, I don't really need something as grand as this. I already have clothes see?" I held the hems of my sleeves to show her I 'didn't want' the dress.

"You can't wear that all days of the week! What will you wear when this is being washed?"

"I think I can manage to find something-"

"Benkeis coat doesn't count"

Snap. Come on.

Goyo walked over and inserted himself between us, gently holding our shoulders.

"What are we arguing about?"

"Goyo, Don't you think Emily would look great in this?" She ruffled the robe in front of him.

"I believe she would look just as lovely in anything she wore." He winked at me then chuckles.

"Its too much." I waved my hands in front of me.

Seeming to think what I meant was the design and fabric. Goyo reached out behind me and held out a simpler but equally lovely kimono in a shade of teal which reminded me of mint. The fabric was smooth and soft with a simple diamond pattern embroidered intermittently in entirety of the dress.