C13: All Her Fault

Chapter13-All Her Fault

Waking up to the sound of T crying wasn't something I experienced often. She wasn't blubbering or sobbing hysterically but I could hear a bubble every once in a while. When I opened my eyes, she had tears rolling down her cheeks.

She immediately ran to me and attacked me with a hug, her tear-stained face burying into my shoulder. "I'm such an idiot. I can't believe we sent you to your death. You have every right to yell at Isaac and I-"

"I'm not mad." I said, laughing.

She pushed me back, her eyebrows squashed together. "You're not?"

"You know, the worst part wasn't even being with Mitchell. And it wasn't his fault I was hurt, either."

"Cora-"

"T, relax." I sat up and felt my arm brush against something soft, something that felt like hair. I reached around me and found something big and feathery. When I moved it so I could see it, I laughed. Wings. I had wings now.

T sighed and her expression grew serious. "There's something you should know. Something Isaac and I didn't tell you going into this."

My eyebrows rose. I didn't think there could be more than what I'd been through but I wanted to hear her out.

"Isaac and I could see what was going on with you and Mitchell."

My heart stopped. They could see me getting hurt, getting turned, kissing Mitchell. At first, I was angry. Why hadn't they bothered to help me? Why did they just sit around and watch? It would have been easier to just come save me. Then I just felt stupid and embarrassed and so, so mad at myself.

"Oh my gosh. Isaac saw me. He saw everything. He's never going to want to talk to me again."

T rolled her eyes. "Cora, you worry way too much. Isaac's crazy about you. No way he'd hate you over something like this."

"We're dating. That's not something he can get over easily. I know I wouldn't." My mood dropped even more when I realized that I couldn't just ignore the fact that Mitchell and I were together. It was selfish of me to think only of Isaac. Mitchell cared about me, I knew he did. The least I could do was care about him back.

"Talk to him." She said, getting to her feet. "He'll understand." She walked over to the window and pushed the glass doors open more.

"T, can I ask you something?" I said, following her. My clothes had been changed since we were in the restaurant. I was wearing one of Carter's shirts, slits in the back so my wings could come out. I was in a simple pair of shorts, my own to be exact.

She leaned out the window but nodded to me.

"I was talking to Mitchell a few days ago and he said that he didn't want to kill Isaac or anyone else. He's actually afraid of Isaac hurting him."

She looked back at me. "I've seen the damage my brother can do. But deep down, he's a softy. He's always been that way."

"Why didn't you say anything to Isaac?"

She rolled her eyes as if she'd had this conversation before. "He's hard-headed." She turned her attention back outside and a smile broke out on her face. "Hey!"

My eyebrows met as I wondered who she was talking to. I ran over to the window beside her and saw Carter a few dozen feet up in the sky, his wings the only thing keeping him from plummeting.

"Hey!" He yelled back, smiling back at us.

"Your sister's awake if you want to see her."

Even from so far down, I could see him roll his eyes. Typical twin stuff. But he flew down anyway, hovering just a few feet away from the window, waiting for us to move out of the way.