Chapter nine: anniversary

~Johnnie's pov~

Kyle and I ended up sleeping together on the couch that night. But I would not have wanted it any other way. I was happiest I had ever been in a while with Kyle. Who knew being with someone could make such a impact on you.

Today was the day that Kyle and I were together for a month. I was absolutely clueless about what to do and what to get him. I got up earlier than usual for school, so I could talk to Bryan about what I should do for our one month anniversary.

I got dressed and ate breakfast, then waited for Bryan's alarm clock to go off. He finally bought one not to long ago. I sat there tapping my foot, until Bryan' alarm clock finally went off. I ran over to his door as he was opening it.
"Bryan I need your help." I told him. "It's too early in the morning." He mumbled groggily while rubbing his eyes.
"Bryan seriously I need help with this." I pleaded him. He sighed and rubbed his eyes.
"First let me wake up then I'll give you some advice." He said. I nodded and went back into the kitchen.

A few minutes later, Bryan came into the kitchen dressed. He made him a bowl of cereal, then sat down in front of me.
"Okay so what's up?" Bryan asked.
"Well today is Kyle's and i's one month anniversary and most couples do something or give each other something on anniversaries." I explained.
"Okay maybe you could buy Kyle some flowers and take him to a fancy restaurant-" He ate a spoonful of cereal. "But at the same time depending on the restaurant, it could be really expensive." He said and took another bite of his cereal. "Or maybe y'all could have a picnic out in the woods or on the beach." He said.
"I really like the picnic idea." I tell him. "Thanks." I add.
"So how are you and Kyle anyway?" He asks me.
"Absolutely perfect" I say smiling. He smiles at me then stands up.

"Well we should be getting to school now." He says then starts walking towards the door. I nod and grab my backpack, then run out the door after him. On the way to school, Bryan and I screamed the lyrics to Pierce The Veil and Sleeping With Sirens. God I'm so grateful to have a best friend like Bryan.

I walk inside the school and go to my locker and get the books I need then put them in my backpack. Once I shut my locker, I feel a arm wrap around my shoulders then lips against my cheek. I look up and see Kyle.
"Happy one month." I tell him, then lean up and peck him on the lips. Kyle and I had sneaked a few kisses during school, but we haven't completely come out to everyone. The gang was the only ones who truly knew.

"So do you have anything planed love?" He asks me. I feel butterfly's in my stomach when he calls me love.
"Yep I do." I tell him.
"I got you something by the way." He tells me, then pulls a box out of his pocket and hands it to me.
"Can I open it now or do you want to wait till later?" I ask him.
"You can open it now if you want." He says blushing slightly. I open up the box and see a simple bracelet with the words (Put anything you want here cause I couldn't figure something out 😂) I could tell that he had made the bracelet, which made me smile.
"I know it absolutely sucks but I tried." He says.
"Kyle it's amazing. I love it!" I tell him and put the bracelet on. I pull him into a bear hug and he hugs me back.

The first bell rings signaling that we had five minutes to get to class. Kyle and I walk to our first period together and sit next to each other. The teacher started going on and on about something boring. I felt Kyle's fingers intertwine with mine under the desk, making me smile.

~time skip to lunch~

I was walking down the hallway on my way to the cafeteria, when I saw Y/N just standing there. Being the nice person I am I went up to her.
"So where's your boyfriend?" I ask her since they usually aren't separated unless they have a different class. She looked over at me with sad eyes.
"He broke up with me." She muttered. I stare at her in shock thinking that Jackson and Y/N wouldn't ever break up. I pull her into a hug, knowing that she would need one now.
"I'm so sorry Y/N. He didn't deserve you anyway. You'll find someone better" I tell her. She hugs me back tightly.
"Why are you being to nice to me?" She mutters into my shirt.
"You really fucking hurt me but I know the pain your in and I'd rather be nice to you than rub it in your face." I reply.