Chapter 17 - Unlikely Love

~Leo's POV~

After I watched Selene leave, I did something no sane person would've done.

I walked into the cabin.

Percy stared for a few seconds, then (strangely) he grinned. "Oh, you are so lucky I'm in a good mood."

And then I said something no sane person would've said (to Punk Percy anyway.)

"You actually like her, don't you?"

Percy immediately stopped grinning and scoffed nervously, refusing to make eye contact with me. "No, of course not." Then he frowned and I saw a faint blush spread across his face. "Well, maybe a little." He admitted.

I raised my eyebrow. "A little?"

Percy collapsed on his bed and put his head in his hands. "Okay, a lot. But this wasn't supposed to happen! I only started dating Selene to get back at Percy and his friends, but now I don't know." He ranted. "She's funny, sweet, and by far the most beautiful girl I've ever met. I don't deserve someone like her. She'd be better off without me."

Suddenly, he sat up and laughed humorlessly. "Wow, that's the stupidest thing I've ever said. I don't even know why I'm telling you this. I'm supposed to be yelling and cussing at you. I'm supposed to be the bad guy."

"Well," I started. "Maybe you finally found someone who can make you the good guy."

"But how much longer do I have until someone finds out I'm cheating Percy's girlfriend? If someone finds out and tells everyone, they're going to hate Selene and she doesn't deserve the hate. I'm the one who dragged her into this mess." He said with his famous 'baby seal' look. Piper had told me of them, but I never knew what she meant. Now I do.

I groaned and mentally facepalmed. "Oh gods, I'm so sorry, Percy."

Percy stood up from his bed and frowned curiously. "What? Did you..." He trailed off, narrowing his eyes at me. "You didn't tell them, right?"

I threw my hands up. "I'm so sorry, dude. I didn't know you actually loved her. I thought you were just faking."

I expected Percy to either tackle me or strangle me. Instead, he just nodded and looked away. "I thought I was faking too."

"Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I didn't tell them it was you." I offered, but I knew that wasn't going to make a difference.

"At least I got him in trouble." Punk Percy smirked triumphantly.

"Hey, um..." I paused, carefully wording my explanation in my head in case he decided to lash out. "I've noticed you aren't as... rude as you usually are. Does Selene have anything to do with that?"

A cherry red color spread across his face and he ducked his head to hide it. "Um-maybe-yes. I-I thought we already went over that I like her!" He exclaimed, obviously showing how uncomfortable he felt with someone seeing him blushing.

I tried not to chuckle. "We did, I just wanted to know if she was the cause."

"I've been dating her for two weeks." The blushing demigod blurted.

My eyes widened. "What?! How did we not know?!"

"She was the one who restrained me from being my usual self. I was always there, you just didn't know because she caused me to act just like Percy." He elucidated, sighing in defeat.

I grew confused. "So, wait... This morning, it was actually you?! But Piper said you weren't lying!"

Percy shook his head. "I wasn't. I gave Percy control when Jason started interrogating me. So yeah, in a way, Percy wasn't lying."

"Wow. That's... smart."

Percy gave me his crooked grin. "Damn right it is." The grin slipped off his face. "Shouldn't you go to lunch? They're going to think I kidnapped you or something."

My eyes widened again. "Oh yeah. I'll, um, see you later?"

Percy nodded, acquiring a smile that was genuine and thoughtful. "Yeah. I'll see you later, Leo."

As I walked out, I noticed something.

'That's the first time he's called me by my first name.'

Then I noticed something else.

'Did I just become friends with Punk Percy?'

-------------

(A/N: So... How do you feel about Punk Percy now?)