Chapter 15 - Threats

~3rd Person POV~

Percy's 18th birthday was probably one of his favorites. He got to hang out with his best friends and his girlfriend, in his cabin, without having to worry about anything. He also got the chance to play a bunch of weird, but fun games (such as the pocky stick challenge and Taboo), and most importantly, eat blue cake!

Everything when fine up until the last hour...

-------------

Frank held up one finger, earning a chorus of 'One word!'. He nodded, then started flapping his around like a bird.

"Um, bird?"

"Eagle!"

"Butterfly!"

Frank shook his head and started spinning around.

"...Airplane?"

Frank nodded enthusiastically, motioning for Jason to continue.

"Jet? Helicopter?" Jason asked.

"Yes!" Frank exclaimed. "The second one."

"Oh."

"Okay, Percy, your turn!" Hazel exclaimed excitedly.

Percy stood up and pointed his thumb to his bathroom. "Actually, I gotta pee so... Someone else go for me."

"I'll go!" Annabeth volunteered, picking a card from the box. She studied it, then frowned. "Seriously?!" She whispered to herself. "Leo, look at this."

She handed the card to Leo, who was the referee, and sighed. Leo read it and started laughing hysterically. "Good... Luck!" Leo said in between laughs.

Annabeth glared at Leo, then started making some strange motions that looked like they were from a soap opera.

"Um... what?" Nico asked as Annabeth continued to reach out at an invisible person with a longing expression.

"A scene from The Notebook?" Frank asked.

"Frank, you aren't on their team." Leo said. "So you can't guess."

Frank huffed, still trying to figure out what the heck the daughter of Athena was doing.

Meanwhile....
------------

Percy waited until everyone was distracted by Annabeth. When he was 100% certain they were, he silently went behind them and snuck out.

Percy heard someone sigh. He turned to his right and saw a beautiful girl standing with her arms crossed. Her head was tilted slightly, causing some strands of her straight, brown hair to fall in front of her face. The moonlight shone on her perfectly, making her already flawless skin look (somehow) even more flawless.

"Took you long enough." She complained, rolling her hazel colored eyes. She tried to stay mad, but she couldn't. Not when the son of Poseidon was giving her his famous lop-sided grin. Soon enough, her glare turned into a smile.

Percy walked up to her and gave her a soft peck on the cheek. "Sorry, babe." He apologized, sliding his hands around her curvy waist. "They wouldn't give me break."

The girl put her arms around Percy's neck and pulled him close so their noses touched. "It's okay, I was just worried you'd never show." She admitted, snuggling into his chest.

"I'll always be here." He promised, pulling her into a kiss. Sadly, the kiss was interrupted by a small gasp.

Percy pulled away quickly and whispered something in the girl's ear. She nodded, gave him a peck on the cheek, and ran off.

"Come out, Valdez. I know you're there." Percy demanded, once the girl was out of hearing distance.

Leo walked out from behind a tree with wide eyes. "How did you know I was here?"

"It doesn't take a whole team of rocket scientists to figure out who gasps like a kitten." Percy scoffed, crossing his arms against his chest. Leo couldn't help but notice both of those actions were very un-Percy-like, not to mention the insult.

Leo didn't have a chance to ask if he was okay. Percy had already grabbed Leo by the neck and lifted him off the ground.

"You will tell no one of this incident, got it?" Percy asked, narrowing his eyes (which almost looked as if they were glowing...). "I'm sure you would hate to see what would happen if a little fire was extinguished..." He threatened with fake concern.

Leo tried to nod but failed, only making Percy's grip on his neck tighten. "I said, got it?" Percy growled. Yep, this was not the Percy Leo knew.

"Yes. Yes, sir." Leo squeaked, as stars began to dance around in his vision. Thankfully, Percy let go of Leo's neck, letting him breathe again. Unthankfully, Percy didn't put him back down gently. He basically threw him to the ground, making Leo land on his back.

"That's why you don't spy on people." Percy muttered as he walked away, leaving Leo alone on the ground.

--------------

(A/N: HEHE! AND HE STRIKES AGAIN! >:3)