Chapter 8 - A Year Later

~3rd Person POV~

As time passed, the word of Percy's wish was spread all around camp like wildfire, until everyone knew about it. They also heard about all the things Percy had said to the rest of the 7.

Disgusted, angry, and sad, all the campers, even the remaining 7, began treating him the way he treated the 7. Yes, they treated him like a bully. In fact, they treated him worse than Percy treated the 7. Sometimes, the Ares kids would beat him up, somehow knowing Percy wouldn't fight back. And he didn't, because he thought he deserved it. (A/N: No, Percy is not going to run away and join Chaos's army or join the Hunters or something else that everyone writes about.)

But what everyone did not know, was that they were slowly breaking the spell on Percy. How? When they bullied him, they were breaking his heart, as well as the spell.

Percy wanted to stay in his cabin, lock his doors, blast his radio, and listen to the music, which seemed like the only thing that comforted him. He decided not to, because he couldn't let everyone see how weak he felt. After all, he a reputation to maintain.

After a few months of being bullied, the spell broke. You're probably thinking "OMG, HERA YOU LIAR. YOU SAID IT WOULD TAKE 2 YEARS!". But wait! She has an excuse! Hera didn't know the spell would break that fast. She also didn't know you could break the spell by breaking the person's heart. Though, Aphrodite should have known that...

Anyway, when the spell broke (which was 5 months after the wish), it left Percy with no memory of what happened after his 17th birthday, and why everyone is rude to him. He tried to ask people why, but they would roll their eyes and walk away.

He also had no idea why his ears were pierced, why his Camp Half-Blood shirts had no sleeves, why his jeans were ripped, and why he was wearing fingerless gloves. And why he seemed... taller?

But slowly, his appearance reverted back to normal. His Mohawk grew back into his normal hairstyle, his shirts somehow sewed the sleeves back on, and his pants, again, somehow sewed the ripped parts up. He also stopped wearing earrings and fingerless gloves.

The only thing from the wish that stayed with him, was the 'love' for music. Apollo must have been watching over Percy and took pity on him.

Finally, Percy did what he decided not to do a few months ago (though he didn't know he decided not to, because he lost his memory). He stayed in his cabin, locked the doors, blasted his radio, and listened to the music. The only times he would come out, was to eat, which he barely did, due to all the campers dumping his food and their food on him.

Sadly, none of the campers noticed the spell broke because he rarely came out of his cabin. Well, that is, none of the campers noticed until his 18th birthday, exactly a year later...

~Percy's POV~

*On his 18th birthday*

I woke up, already dreading today.

'I wonder what 'special' things they'll do today!' I thought sarcastically.

I got out of bed and turned on the radio. I listened to it while I dressed myself and half-fixed my hair. Once I was done, I sat on my bed and quietly sang along with Nate Ruess.

"Yeah, it's all alright.

I guess it's all alright.

I got nothing left

inside of my chest,

but it's all alright."

I stopped singing as I heard someone pounding on my door. I turned down the volume of my radio and cautiously walked over to the door. "Who is it?"