6.

6.

There was an air that covered the Miller mansion that was filled with sadness and hopelessness. No one could be seen for miles. Somehow, that was a good thing. Claire had gotten a little bit better after a heartwarming speech from Naylor. She wanted to forget that anything had happened and it was working.

A black car came to a halt right in front of the driveway. The windows were mysteriously tinted and for a while, the automobile just sat there. Then the passenger door was wedged open and a woman in a completely black overcoat stepped out. She sighed and put on an admiring smile. He looked at the car expectantly. The back door opened and a female teenager in a black silk shirt and black pants stepped out. She had short curly hair and a very strong frown plastered on her face. Another girl stepped out of the car in a black coat and a black dress. An air of authority followed her as she walked over to the other side of the older woman. The black car slowly drove away. The three of them stood there, admiring the house. Once the older woman stepped forward, the two girls followed her. They stopped at the front door and the woman tapped the large knocker against the door. Robin opened the door slowly and was a bit surprised to see them standing there. She didn't open the door completely. It wasn't really the day for suspicious visitors. She raised her eyebrows at their strange synchronised dressing. The woman put on a charming smile.

"Good day, young lady. My name is Stella Monterey. This is my niece, Cleo", she said as she gestured towards the angered girl with short hair. She gave Robin a little glance And looked away. "And this is my ward, Alexandra". Alexandra, the extremely confident one, smiled and curtsied. This made Stella smile proudly. Robin just stood there, staring at them.

"We're your neighbours and since you just recently moved in. We came to say hello and also to offer a gift to the household. May we come in?", Stella asked.

Robin bit her lip while skeptically eyeing them. She pulled the door wide open and stepped aside. Once again, they waited for Stella to move and then followed her. Robin led them to the parlour.

"We have company!", she called out. Naylor, Kevin and Claire were on the sofas having a discussion. They turned and were surprised to see three women standing in their house.

"Guys, these are our neighbours, Stella, Cleo and er... "

"Alexandra", the girl boldly interjected. She was tall and slim with long dark hair. She gave Robin a rude look but covered it up with a sly smile.

"Right", Robin nodded. Bitch she murmured. Kevin heard her and snickered. "This is Kevin, Claire and Naylor Miller". Stella nodded slowly.

"Pleased to meet you", Stella said with her skinny hand stretched out. Naylor was about to shake her hand when Kevin interrupted.

"We don't have any neighbours".

The three women exchanged strange glances. Alexandra cleared her throat and stepped forward. "We are the closest to you, but not directly, about two miles away", she said. Everyone was silent for a while.

"Please sit", Naylor said to them. They moved toward a sofa conveniently placed opposite Naylor and Kevin and took their seats.

"We brought you a gift", Stella said and turned to Alexandra. Cleo seemed to be the odd one out, although she didn't seem to care much for them. She rolled her eyes at everything Stella said and she never even looked at Alexandra. Alexandra revealed a parcel she had been holding all along. She gave it to Stella, who unwrapped it slowly and carefully. She moved like her hands were fragile instruments that could break at any moment. The parcel revealed a porcelain flower pot with a beautiful lavender flower inside it. Stella gave them her charming smile again as she handed the pot to Robin. She took it and placed it on the coffee table.