4.

4.

Kevin watched as the construction workers went into the tunnel, one after the other. It was like a chain structure. He got lost in it, but he was really thinking.

The full moon would happen that night. Another night of unspeakable torture as man made his transition into wolf; a werewolf. He loathed it, just like the rest of the werewolves, but they were trapped on the cycle. One day every month, when the moon had reached a summit, the transformation would begin. Every bone in their body would break itself and be reformed in the body of a wild beast. They would roam the wild for the night and woe betide anyone in their path. They would rip them apart from the inside out. They were savages, only to return to human form when the full moon left. Then they would feel remorse for the actions they could not control.

He had the same feeling every time he thought about it. He felt trapped. He felt as if he had no true control over himself. The full moon controlled him. That was all he felt. Every werewolf wanted to be free of the curse.

However, it was their life. They had started building the tunnel a week ago and it would be ready by night, just when they needed it. It was for the wolves who had triggered their curse, who had to be kept in chains and steel. The others didn't turn. They stayed home, hoping for the lives of their loved ones. Kevin, Naylor, Robin and Claire had all triggered the curse. They had to be bound up as well. Kevin and some other wolves waited for Naylor as he gathered all that they would need for their transformation; ropes, expandable clothing, wolfsbane...

The tunnel was at the darkest part of the woods where no one would ever find it. It was wet and bleak, but it was safe for them. They wanted to keep their supernatural existence in the town a secret. But that was of no interest to Claire.

She was headed to the bar to drown her sorrows in terrible alcohol. It was her recourse whenever she wanted to erase all thoughts of her family from her mind. She didn't care what she did in the process, as long as no one knew that she was hurting. She parked her red Jaguar in the car park of her new favorite bar in town; The Renegade.

She switched off the ignition and applied the finishing touches of her makeup onto her face, while admiring herself in her rearview mirror. She smiled and popped her cherry red lips, that highlighted her very dark eye makeup. She was ready to have fun. She stepped out of the car, her black heels made steady contact with the ground. She smoothed out her little black dress. It had thin straps and a v-neck, while revealing the whole of her back. The dress stopped a few inches below her bum. She was very satisfied with herself. She picked her clutch and slammed the car door shut. She strode confidently to the front door and once it opened, she could feel hungry eyes ogling her. She flipped her hair, which she had curled, and made her way to the bar. She slapped her purse on the counter and took a seat on a vacant stool.

The bartender turned to her and grinned cheekily. "Hey, sexy. What'll it be?", he asked with full-on flirtation.

She was immediately irritated by his cliché remark and his stupid smirk. She put on a very fake grin, ready to pounce. She slowly and seductive placed her hand on his, while keeping her smile. She could feel the excitement in his veins. Then she brusquely dropped it on him, "I'd like a different bartender who isn't childish and self-absorbed so I can spend my night in peace, free from perverted idiots who don't realise that my eyes are up here".

His eyes widened, full of shock. He gulped and retracted his hand from her. She tried to keep herself from bursting into laughter. She felt a bit sadistic, but it didn't bother her. She was sadistic.

A female bartender who had been watching the entire charade came in to rescue him from further embarrassment.

"Sorry about Finn. He can be a bit forward at times. Would you like me to be your bartender?", she asked. Her voice had a little croak, like it was dead from forced yelling. Claire gave her a sly smile.