Last Chapter

"He's not coming back and you know it."

"I wish you could just tell me this is all a sick joke and he's just going for a convention in a place without cell service." I said while sipping on my strawberry milkshake at the grove.

"I wish I could too. But I can't lie to you, he's gone." Jack said while stealing a fry from me and dunking it in his chocolate milkshake.

It had been 3 months and a half since Brandon left and so far Jacks been taking advantage of that by surprising me with dates and getting to know me better. I guess I do like Jack again and that spark has been reignited but I still wanted Brandon to come back and be here. I wanted to talk to him and explain everything to him about me and Jack. We aren't engaged! But you do love Jack again don't you? My subconscious asked me. Of course I love Jack, I mean have I ever actually stopped? No, otherwise when he was with Natalie I wouldn't have been so jealous.

I pulled out another fry and right before I put it in my mouth my eyes nearly fell out of my socket.

A ring? On the fry? How did I not notice before that there was a freaking diamond ring glistening on a fry? I turned to Jack and smiled at him. He looked shy and hopeful. I slide the ring into my own finger and stared up at Jack.

"Of course I'll marry you!"

And with that I kissed him. In these 3 months I've learned a lot about Jack so much so that I've fallen hard for him again. But I never realized that he might actually try to propose to me. I'd been feeling extremely guilty about the Brandon thing that I hadn't been thinking straight. I've always loved Jack but Brandon had distracted me from that, and it's sad to say that I treated him like a rebound. Maybe this next step in my life will help me forgive and forget.

I didn't deserve Brandon after I broke his heart time after time. But he kept coming back. I hope now he's happy, that's all I can do for him. Hope that everything worked out for him too.

~*~

I turned the key to my apartment and to my surprise the door opened on its own, scared and slightly paranoid I grabbed a toy ball that I found in the bushes before poking my head in. I'm not so sure what I was thinking because if it was a killer I was going to definitely die if my only self defense item was a plush soft ball.

"Megan!" A 2 arms wrapped around me hugging me tightly making me scream and drop the plush ball.

"Sarah!!!" I screamed happily turning around to see a slightly tanner Sarah looking excitedly at me.

"I'm so done with NY and men." She said rolling her eyes.

"Amen sister!"

"Aww what about Jack?"

"You know I love him but...I miss Brandon ....you know?"

"Aww Meg you really need to get over him and spend time with Jack. Jacks actually here, stop dwelling on the past. It's been over 3 months for Petes sake!"

"I know but the guilt is still there! And it's worse because now I'm engaged to Jack!"

"You are??? OMGOSH MEGAN CONGRATS LIKE I SAID BEFORE YOU ARE MADE FOR EACH OTHER I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN!!"

"But I'm guilty about Brandon!"

"Didn't you try calling him and stuff?"

"Everyday,since he's left."

"You need to stop that. Let the one that got away,get away. You are getting married!" and with that I hugged her tightly and smiled. She knew exactly what to say and do in the most confusing situations.

It was finally going to happen,the one thing I've dreamed about since I was 7.

I was going to be the bride.

And with Sarah by my side my wedding was going to be perfect. Maybe this is just what I needed to leave the past in the past, and get over Brandon.

I guess I won't always be the bridesmaid and never the bride.

~*~

So that was the End of the book! I know it was really short but I wanted it to be. Everything that I wanted to happen in this book happened and although things didn't work out the way some of you were rooting for I hope you still liked it.

Speaking of not ending the right way and being abrupt.

I'm writing a second book called 13 things I wanted to say to the one that got away. About Megan's new life with Jack and more thoughts she had about Brandon. There will be 13 short chapters that should leave you with a better explanation on what happened in the real end. That book will be in letter from MEGAN talking to Brandon about her life and how she feels about him "now".