Get Ready for the Goodbye, because its all Ive ever known....

I walked across the room to hand Jack his cup of coffee as I stared at my boyfriend flip through and read books with his hands. I have to admit it's amazing that he learned the basics in less than a month. But he had time, he didn't have to work.

"Here you are babe!" I said smiling cheekily and kissing him in the cheek. I studied him, he didn't look happy.

"Meghan, we need to talk."

"About?"

"Us." I looked at him surprised, I smoothed out my skirt and waited.

"What's wrong?"

"It's Natalie, there's a large possibility I'm the father. Which means I have to spend time with her before we know for sure if she's carrying my child. I don't want to be completely absent in my possible child's early life." His words cut through me like a knife.

"What do you mean?" I stared up at him in disbelief.

"I mean that, we can't be a...we can't...we can't be a couple anymore. I need to be there for her." My heart shattered into a million pieces. But of course this happened to me. I'm not lucky and perfect like my sisters, I wasn't meant to have a perfect life.A silent tear rolled down my cheeks as Jack lightly brushed it off. We sat in silence for a while.

"So what now?"

"I don't know." He said honestly.

"Well, see you later I guess." I said while getting off the bed before the real tears started.

"Hey baby-"

"Don't hey baby me. Just leave me alone." I said, walking out of the room. It was surprising how quickly my mood changed.

That night I was silent in my thoughts. I couldn't believe today.We dated for a month and a half, and it was already time to say goodbye. Now more than ever I wanted to prove that Natalie was wrong, but I had to wait another 3 1/2 long months.

Right now i didn't feel anything, it would take me more than just a day to actually believe the bomb that he dropped on me. 

~*~

"I'll see you around, Megan." Jack said the next morning forcing a smile through his teeth. Natalie was picking him up and he was going to go live with her for....forever.....

"Okay." I said as we awkwardly tried to hug each other in front of Natalie who seemed to be burning a whole into my back with her eyes.

I turned around to her. She had long blonde hair and blue eyes, her hair was curled perfectly and she was wearing a jeans skirt and a very exposing tank top.

"Bye Greg." She said.

"It's Meg."

"Oh really? Wow you should really try wearing some girl clothes, nobody would've known." She said rudely as she turned to walk to her car. She was wearing long pencil heels that were clanking all the way to the driveway. I wanted so badly for her to miss the step down so she could fall on her stupid butt. I don't know how Jack ever liked her. I looked down at myself thinking about what she said. I was wearing a flannel and jeans. I guess it wasn't the most feminine outfit but hey it's fall.

"So I guess this is it, Megan." Jack said after a moment.

"I guess so. I'll miss you." I said as I hugged him tightly and let a few tears roll onto his shirt.

"Come on! We don't have time for your little pity party!" Natalie screamed from inside the car. Gosh does that girl have an off button? We are having a moment!

"I'll miss you more." He whispered before he made his way into the car. I waved goodbye to both of them as I made my way back into the apartment.

Just like that the love of my life left my life.

Yes the chapter title is quoting Taylor Swifts song Mine! Trust me it won't be the last time. 😉

Hope you liked this chapter! See you Saturday for another update! (But we'll see BC I usually can't wait! Also I'm super sorry this story has been going by really quickly,I'll try and slow it down a bit!)