Broken Off Engagement

I woke up the next morning in a complete daze. I had no idea what I was going to do with Jack. I thought I loved him, but how can you love someone who left you for someone else? Especially when they were getting married.

Almost on command my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey its Jack. Great news, I broke off the engagement with Natalie. She and Troy are now raising THIER baby together! Thank you Megan for making me do the DNA test again. Now we can be together again!"

"I don't know." I said.

"What don't you know?"

"If I want to get back together. You've changed Jack."

It was quiet on the other end, and then he spoke.

"Please let me show you I'm still the man you fell for!"

I guess it wouldn't hurt to try again, to start over. But I wanted some advice from someone I hadn't seen in almost a year, someone whose career is finally taking her places. Sarah.

"Can I get back to you in that Jack?"

"Uh..sure?" And then I hung up not wanting him to guilt me into saying yes. I then dialed a number I knew by heart.

"Hello?"

"Sarah!! It's Meg!"

"OMGOSH!!!!!! I've missed you so much! We haven't talked in forever. Tell me about Mr.Right!" I could hear her grin over the phone.

"Or Mr.Not so Right...." I said sadly.

"Tell me everything." And so I did.

~*~

"At least your life is interesting Meg, 2 guys are fighting over you. As for me the most interesting thing that's happened for me are the Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks."

"Come on your career is taking off! You're in the big apple for Petes sake!" Right after I said it I felt guilty, our whole conversation has only been about me, not her.

"Yeah....Do you want advice or not about the guys?"

"I definitely do."

"Okay...well as I see it you should give Jack one more chance. He's had a lot on his plate and that Natalie girl seems like a total piece of work. As for Brandon I think it's best you stay in friendly terms until you figure out what's up with you and Jack. I'm not saying like really friendly terms but like stay in touch and stuff."

"I couldn't have thought of a more perfect plan. I love you Sarah!"

"I love you too, even if you are a little lost deer when it comes to dating." She laughed.

"Hey I have 2 guys who are drooling over me!" I said sarcastically even though it was sorta true.i heard Sarah laugh and then we said goodbye and that was that.

Maybe she was right, hey it wouldn't hurt to try. I called Jack up to give him my answer.

"Have you made up your mind?"

"Yeah...is the grove at 7 okay?"

"Perfect."

"Bye!" And then I hung up. Now what do I did about Brandon? Ugh why can't life be simple? Why can't a girl and a guy fall in love get married and have kids? My sisters lives are like that, all 5 of them with success, and then there's me.

I shut my eyes and sat down on my freshly vacuumed carpet, thank you Sarah for hiring those maids, I mentally said. I needed to take a break from my world, I needed to figure out if I still love Jack or if I love Brandon now. Brandon was so kind and caring, but was he someone I could look at as more than a friend? I probably not, but Jack, I feel something for him. He made me feel things words couldn't even describe but after 3 months I'm sure if I feel the same. Which makes this dession even harder. I need time, but i don't have much, especially when they could each change their minds.