Youtube

When you don't know how to do something, what do you do? You either google it, or you search it on YouTube. YouTube is everyone's go to website for DIYs, How-Tos, Life Hacks, Music, everything. But, how in the world did that happen?

In 2005 three buddies got together and basically were questioning themselves.

"Hey, Steve?"

"Yeah Chad?"

"Wouldn't it be so cool to be able to search videos online at one main place?"

"Actually that's a pretty good idea, what do you think Jawed?"

"That's awesome! Let's get started!"

Seven months later, a baby was born. December of 2005 is when YouTube made it's official debut. Soon after the launching of YouTube their visitors started to rise.

After one month, YouTube had 3 million visitors. In Februrary of 2006 the number of visitors tripled. By July, they had 30 million visitors. By the end of year 1, they had 38 million visitors.

In 2010, it would have taken 1,700 years to watch every YouTube video. Imagine how long it would take now, five years later.

British Prime Minister Tony Blair was the first "World Leader" to create a YouTube Channel, in 2007. The first video to reach one million views was of Brazilian soccer star Ronaldinho's ad for Nike "Touch of Gold."

YouTube has come a long way, it's still so crazy to think that it's only been a decade. I can't even begin what the world will be like in another ten years or so.

--/-

Nonfiction