Wonderland

I seriously hated math. I hate it with a passion burning brighter than the brightest star. If I never had to take a math class ever again it'd be too soon. Way too soon.

Combining Math and lack of sleep was just asking for trouble.

"x Times the power of-" Mr. Michaels drowned on as my heavy eyelids slowly closed.

---

I woke to two black eyes staring at me. Needless to say, I screamed bloody murder. The eyes screamed back, it was a high pitched squeaky scream. Then I noticed the weight on my nose.

"Could...you please get off of my nose?" The eyes moved away and I noticed the eyes were attached to a head, a tiny head. The head was attached to a body, a tiny white body.

"Are...are you? A mouse?" The mouse stood up straighter and adjusted the cap on its head.

"No, I'm a cat." He spat the name sarcastically out of his dainty mouth. Suddenly, just above the mouse a huge toothy grin appeared. Slowly a body faded into view, it turned out to be a cats body. The fur was beautiful, mostly a sparkling blue with random tufts of sunflower yellow and ravishing lavender, even steel grey. But what was really stunning were the cat's eyes, they were a gleaming emerald green. The two slits for pupils were wide. It's chin rested on it's paws, which rested on air.

"How are you doing that?" I asked, honestly, I didn't even bother asking how this was possible. I am a strong believer in magic, I knew it exsisted!

"How are you breathing?" It asked.

"Well, I don't know, I suppose it happens naturally." I answered.

"There's your answer, now follow me, the Hatter wants to see you." The cat, the mouse, the Hatter...oh my gosh.

"This is wonderland?!" I've always wanted to go to wonderland. Although, when I looked around, a pit grew in my stomach. The amazing, colorful place I had grown to love reading about was no more. The plants, the fruit, the flowers...all dull and blackened.Except for everything red, which included the castle looming on the horizon.

"What happened?" I asked, sadness creeping into my voice.

"There are some loyal, some frightened of Queen of Hearts, nonetheless they helped her set fire to wonderland. Every thing blackened and burned, except anything red. She kept those as a tribute to herself. The Queen captured Alice on one of her visits. She said she would kill Alice if she didn't get control of Wonderland. Now, the Hatter, however mad he may be, has predicted a savior of wonderland would come in the form of a scrawny teenage girl," the Cheshire Cat informed me.

"Hey! I'm not scrawny! Besides, why me? Why now?" I asked.

"All your questions will be answered before your time in Wonderland is up," he replied, before disappearing that is. I whipped my head around trying to catch a glimpse of the beautiful fur.

"How do we get to the Hatter now?!" I yelled at the charred smelling air.

"Elouise!" The mouse yelled in my ear. How did he get on my shoulder?!

"It's just Elly," The mouse pointed to a giant willow tree that I hadn't noticed before with a tiny door, just big enough to fit the mouse as he rushed through. His head peeked out and he motioned me to follow. Before I could ask how, he pointed to a cake.

I reached down and read the note attached.

Eat me

Can't say I didn't see this one coming. I picked up the small cake and took a bite. I expected a sweet butteriness to explode in my mouth. I was wrong. Oh so wrong.