Metal and Wires

*Warning*
if you feel any sad or negative emotions during this short SHORT story, don't blame the author..blame something else...uhh...the Laws of the Universe! Yeah, blame that. Enjoy!

*Imagine a deep narrator voice*

Six hundred years ago, humans were on the very edge of discovering the secrets of the Universe. Scientists had discovered a drug that could permit humans to go without oxygen for days at a time. One hundred years after that they had figured out how to go to the very bottom of the ocean without being crushed. A couple years ago, the Elite of the Einsteins developed a technology that could make human life on other planets survivable, specifically the moon. Half of the human population has taken up residence on the cratered mass of rock, mostly the Goldies. Goldies is a nickname for the extremely wealthy of the wealthy, Goldies from gold, gold pertaining to money.

This is a story of a young boy, an aspiring explorer.

~~

I am an explorer! Nine year old Lucas thought to himself. He marched quickly over the mound of grey-white rock. When he reached the peak of this mini mountain he had spent weeks creating he grabbed his ImagiVisions and placed them on his freckles nose. His stormy grey eyes were covered by the huge sunglasses shaped technology. The ImagiVisions had been ban because of a lethal glitch in the system. Lucas just thought that his Caretaker didn't want him to have aam fun, so he snuck into the Forbidden Room and stole them.

His view of the undeveloped part of the moon was replaced with a green grid. The selection screen popped up.

Look to the left for ImagiVision default realms.

Lucas looked left a a screen with six boxes popped up. Each box had a different setting. Jungle, Rainforest, Desert, Arctic, Plains, Ocean.

Lucas grew excited when he saw the Ocean setting. He loved the idea of a seemingly endless expanse of shimmering water with secrets hidden beneath.

"Ocean," he said out loud.

You request has been verified.

The grid slowly transformed to fit his request, an ocean. Lucas looked down to see coarse sand. He bent down and ran his hand over it.

So, this what sand feels like. Lucas walked towards the water and gasped when a wave rushed towards his chunky white boots and quickly receded.

He shed his protective suit and stepped on the wet sand. When a wave rushed past his ankles he shivered with joy at the feeling of the cold water.

Lucas splashed and jumped in the "water" for thirty minutes, but soon grew bored.

"Time to go back to the Pod I guess," Lucas said to him self.

"Exit Ocean," he said. The ImagiVisions  didn't react.

"Exit Ocean," he repeated. He continued repeating himself as anxiety flooded his system. He spun around seeing nothing but blue.

I'm standing in a pile of sand. This is called a...a...an is-land! I'm stuck on an is-land! Oh no! Caretaker is going to be angry if I don't get to the pod soon!

Lucas walked tentatively into the ocean. He kept going until it reached hi thighs. His heart was pounding and uh breathing grew rapid as tears poured out his eyes.

"Maybe I can take the ImagiVisions off!" He grabbed the contraption and pulled. He felt a sharp pain in his head and he cried out. The ImagiVisions weren't coming off! They seemed attached to his face.

Lucas was so busy trying to unattached the ImagiVisions he didn't notice a large metal AniReplica swimming towards him. AniRepliaca were metal creatures made to replicate extinct animals formerly on earth to fit the environment. The replicas were meant to play with the Moon Dwellers, over time though they shorted out the Command system and turned violent. Now the metal AniReplica hunt any living that mistakenly comes into their habitat.

This AniReplica was made to look like a dolphin. It swam close to the sobbing child and quickly clamped it's waterproof jaws around the little boys ankles.

"Aaah!" Lucas shrieked. He tried to run  the three feet back to the Is-land, but the man made jaws were strong. The AniReplica started to swim backwards, pulling Lucas in the ocean.

Lucas fell backwards and the now raging ocean swallowed him. The dolphin dragged a non-moving Lucas to the bottom of the grid where an underwater metal cave rested.

Lucas was never seen again. Forever trapped in a fake realm of metal and wires.