Chapter Nineteen:Brother? (EDITED)

Shout out to @Little_Wolfie and @HowToRuinGoody
for guessing! Enjoy the chapter!
****

"Oh my God Chris!" I screamed as I pulled him into a hug and started crying.

"Hey baby sister." He smiled as he held me tighter.

"I-I thought you died in the fire," I whispered, tears leaking down my face and on to his bare shoulder.

"I thought you did too." He whispered. "That's why I went rogue. I-I couldn't stay there without you guys."

"I had to," I said as I broke the hug and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "Morgan took me and started....abusing me."

Immediately, his eyes turned pitch black. "Im going to rip him limb from limb!" He growled, his canines showing.

"Chris calm down!" I quickly said as I gripped both of his shoulders. "I'm fine now. I'm with my mate and I'm the Luna of this pack. Morgan is far away and he can't hurt me." I said in a reassuring voice. He took deep breaths and squeezed his eyes shut. Once he reopened them, they'd returned to their natural green color.

"Sorry." He said, as he ran his hands through his hair already messy hair and looked down.

"For what?" I softly asked as I made him look up.

"For not being there for you. For not protecting you. For not looking for you before I ran off. That was selfish and stupid and I'm sorry."

"Don't be," I said. "It made me a stronger person." I looked at him. He still had those caring green eyes and that short light brown hair. That smile that makes you forget about all of your worries and just smile along with him. Besides the ripped clothes he was wearing, he's exactly the same.

This is Chris.

This is my brother.

All of a sudden, a blur of color tackled my brother and pinned him down.

Shane.

"What are you doing with me mate, rogue?" he growled, anger lacing his voice as his eyes turned black.

"Shane, he's fine." I chuckled.

"How do you know that?" he asked, still not looking away from Chris.

"Because he's my brother."

Shane froze. He looked from me to him then back to me. "He's your brother?"

"Yeah," I said with smile. "And I'd appreciate it if you'd get off of him now, please."

He nodded before he helped Chris up. "Sorry man," he said.

"Ah, I'm used to it by now," Chris said as he stretched out. "So," he said as he started walking around Shane. "You're my sister's mate, huh?" Shane gave me a questioning look and I just smiled. "You look decent," Chris mumbled as he walked around him, examining him. "You've gotten as far as marking each other....." He said motioning to my neck.

After walking around him for a few more moments he stopped. "Okay. You seem alright, but trust me when I say this if you hurt my sister in any way, shape, or form, I don't care if you're the strongest alpha in the world, I will come after you." He said getting really serious.

Shane put his hands up in surrender. "I won't hurt her, I promise."

Chris nodded in approval.

"Okay, come on, let's get you some clothes," Shane said as he led Chris away.

I smiled to myself. My brother and my mate getting along was all I really want.

Ariel! Jess yelled through the link, causing me to jump a bit.