Chapter Fourteen:Secrets and Screams (EDITED)

"SHE REJECTED ME!" He yelled as his eyes turned back to their normal color. "She freaking rejected me." He said as tears started falling down his face. "My best friend....she rejected me."

Suddenly sadness washed over me. I couldn't imagine what he was going through. "Oh Greg," I whispered as I pulled him into a hug. "I am so sorry. I-I never would've thought..." I trailed off, but I couldn't form my thoughts into words. So, I just let him cry on my shoulder, now I understood why he's been so rude to me, it's because he was pained and I guess what Shane and I had reminded him too much of what they could've had.

"It's okay," I said as I rubbed his back. "You'll find-"

"We were going to be the Alpha and Luna for my pack, the first one I mean." He continued. "The one my parent's are the leaders of. We were going to love each other, we were going to have pups together, we were going to die together. But she had to go and reject me and for what? Because she 'fell in love' with someone else." He bitterly said with a small humorless laugh. "Perfect."

I felt my heart drop at his words. I couldn't imagine what he was going through. What he was feeling.

"What's wrong with me?" He softly asked as he pulled out of my embrace and looked me in the eyes, brokenness and hurt swimming in his eyes.

"I honestly think there's nothing's wrong with you," I softly said as I put a hand on his cheek. "She was just oblivious to what a great guy you are and if she rejected you for someone she thinks is better, then she's stupid."

"Yeah, she kinda was." He said with a small smile.

"And plus, you're going to get another mate and I bet she's gonna be way smarter and more beautiful than her," I said as I gently elbowed him.

Greg softly laughed. "Thanks, Ariel. S-Sorry about all this," he said motioning to all the damage he'd done.

"It's okay," I softly smiled. "Just remember that we're always here for you, okay? No matter how big or small you think it is, we're here for you. Don't keep your emotions bottled up inside, okay Greg?"

He nodded in response. I heard Shane groan and I hurried over to him. "Are you okay, Shane?" I gently asked as I placed a hand on his cheek.

"Yeah, I-"

He stopped mid-sentence when he saw Greg. His eyes turned black and within a second he had Greg pressed against the wall. "Don't you dare-"

"Shane!" I said as I ran over to him. "Let him go! Trust me, it's not his fault he was acting like that. He's in pain."

"What do you mean?" He said as he slowly released Greg. Greg explained about his rejection and Shane immediately pulled him into a hug. "Why didn't you tell me, bud?" he asked in a soft voice.

"I don't know." He whispered. "I was being stupid. I'm sorry. Please forgive me." He pleaded.

"It's okay," Shane said as he patted his back. "It'll be okay."

After Greg had calmed down, a few pack members helped us clean up and patch the holes Greg had punched in the wall. After we were finished everything went back to normal...or as normal as it gets in the werewolf world. I was currently cuddled in the bed with Shane. The moonlight flowed through the window and cascaded beautifully across our floor.

"Shane, I-I'm still worried about Greg. I mean, I know he says he's okay but-"

"Don't worry, Ariel." He whispered as he kissed the crown of my head. "He'll be fine. He's strong and smart. He'll get through it, it just takes a bit of time, that's all."