4 years later

"J, you can't let her treat you like this." Chance said as she gently put an icepack to Jerome's shoulder. "She won't get away with it forever Chance. I promise." He said kissing her gently and putting his forehead to her's. The two sat there in silence and Chance sighed, it wasn't a happy sigh nor was it a sad one, it was one that showed she was deep in thought. The two of them met 4 years ago and in that time they became best friends and now lovers. Sure Jerome's mother, Lyla, didn't like her and her calling Chance names caused many of Jerome and Lyla's fights but the two stayed close even so much as Jerome fighting to keep Chance with them when her parents left one night after a show. Chance looks at Jerome and carefully rubbed his cheek. "Come on, let's go to bed." Jerome whispered laying down with Chance in his arms. Chance sighed as sleep began to over take her and Jerome rubbing her back and playing with her hair didn't help.
Hours later Chance was woken up by Jerome shaking her. "Jerome what's wrong?" She asked then after a moment she realized something was very wrong because his normally sweet smile was twisted. "We are going to take care of Lyla." He said chuckling darkly.