Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Brintley's POV

"Girly!" I heard from behind me and turned around. There, in the middle of the airport, was Jack Barakat running toward me, dragging a suitcase on the floor. It had been about two weeks after we talked to Jack last about the trip. "Where's your lover?!"

"Ew, please don't use that word," I shook my head. I still thought of Lex more like a best friend than anything. It was a little weird to hear people say we're dating, even though it's been months. "And he's getting tickets. Where's Maria? And where're Rian and... his girlfriend that I forgot the name of already because I'm such a horrible person?"

"Maria kind of... Well we didn't work out. Anyway," he quickly changed the subject, which obviously hurt him to talk about. He was always so fragile; so careful not to get his heartbroken. One day he'll meet someone who changes that. He continued, "They're coming. Cassadee had to use the 'lady's room'. They'll be here in a minute. Are you excited to get to Vegas? Ever been there?" He smiled and hauled his bag off the floor onto an upright position.

"Nope," I smiled at Alex as he walked back over to me.

"Hey, Jack. Where are-"

"Jack! Damn, man, you couldn't wait up for us?!" Rian walked over, hand in hand with a brunette with a strip of blonde on one side; sort of like Jack's only a lot longer. She was really pretty.

"I wanted to see Girly! And... well your girlfriend was taking too long. Anyway, Lex, we ready to go?" He turned to the man standing next to me.

"Ye- Wait... Really? Never?" He laughed as we boarded the plane.

"No, Lex, I've never been on a plane. Is it scary?" I sat on my legs and put my hand on his bicep. They gave me the window seat, so my back was to the outside.

"Umm... just a little when they take off and land. But I'll be right here and so will Jack," he moved back and put Jack in my view. He was flirting with the flight attendant, a petite blonde with clearly fake breasts. Oh, Jack.

I looked back at Alex. "If I die today, it's your fault." So we sat there for about twenty minutes before the plane started shaking. I quickly grabbed Alex's hand out of reflex. He just chuckled and the plane started to move forward. Soon it was shaking even more and was noticeably lifting off the ground. I buried my head into his shoulder and Lex held my hand tighter. Oh my God, I'm gonna die.

Once the plane stopped shaking, everything calmed down. That didn't mean I was gonna look though. No, I was perfectly fine in the comfort of Alex's arm. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep.