Chapter 1

Chapter 1
I looked around, worried someone would see me. Then my eyes darted back down. I took the little black felt box in my hands. A nervous sigh slipped out and I opened the box carefully. A silver ring with diamonds twisting to the middle, where sat a flower of smaller diamonds. It was absolutely gorgeous. I smiled to myself, my face probably as red as a cherry. Biting my lip, I slipped it on my finger and examined my hand. Perfect. My attention was then turned to the piece of paper that laid under the box.

I picked it up, reading the words neatly written,

'Dearest Brintley,

Well... looks like you found my little... surprise. It's a promise ring, so don't get any big ideas. As much as I'd love to marry you one day, today isn't a good day. Anyway, I know we just got back together, but I felt like this would be a good time. As I already explained to you at the bar, I never wanted to break up with you, and I regret doing so. I wanted you to have space and not feel rushed, but I showed that in the wrong way. So now, I'm going to show it in the right way. I give this ring to you today to show you that although marriage isn't good for us yet, I want to stay with you forever and always. I never want to leave your side, ever. You're my best friend and the past couple weeks without you have made my life a living hell. We can take this as slow and careful as you want, but I'm not going anywhere. Well... in matter of speaking. I'm actually helping the guys set up the equipment. Sorry I'm not there to put this ring on your finger myself, but I guess it'll make our future engagement even more special. :) I love you, Brinny.

-Lex'

I softly giggled at the last couple sentances and ran out the bus door, eager to see Lex's face. When I finally got to the front of the stage, Lenny stared at me blankly. "What's your problem?" He laughed.

"Where's Alex?" I breathed out within my loss of breath.

"In the back, wh-"

I cut him off by quickly making my way in the direction of his words. My eyes then landed on Lex, who was helping Jorrie carry an amp. "Dude!" I yelled.

His head snapped toward me and he put down the amp, smiling like a moron in the process. "Hey there, princess!" He exclaimed and wrapped me in a hug. "Like your little present?" His eyes made their way down to my hand.

"It's absolutely the most gorgeous thing I've ever seen!" I kissed his cheek, "I love you."

"I love you, too, but if I'm gonna be staying in your bus for this tour, I need to help out. You and me can go out for breakfast when I'm done, promise," he smiled and walked backwards to Jorrie.

I let out a groan, "Alriiight."

Man, if only our relationship was always as easy as it was back then.

A/N: I hope you guys like the first chapter! I know my chapters are short (it takes so long to write sometimes I forget how short it actually is) so I'm going to try updating in pairs. Please comment, it honestly means the world for me when you do.