Fillers

Like the last, this chapter will also be relatively short because I'm basically just going to rant to you about filler chapters. So for some reason, author's seem to think that it's acceptable to have chapters with zero conflict and about everyday things because their readers "deserve a break". Well, I'm going to share with you one thing. The only reason authors say that is because they are lazy and want a break for themselves but they still want to maintain their popularity because they believe that if they have an update, even if it's crappy, they'll still get reads and votes. 

I'm going to express how much I hate that. I mean, God. Can I just say how pissed off I get when I wait three weeks for an update only for it to be about some badass doing their laundry? Not so badass anymore, hm? Remember when I said that there should be conflict on ninety percent of your pages? If you want to waste that on one chapter, be my guest, but if your story ever did get published, that's what is going to be cut. 

This is why you have to plan out your story beforehand! Every chapter needs a purpose. Say no to fillers. If a chapter doesn't progress the plot and doesn't provide necessary information, it's better left out. 

That's it about fillers so basically just don't have them! Thanks, as per usual.