Chapter 37

~*spongebob narrator voice* a few days later~

~Your POV~

You groaned and slammed your hand down on the snooze button of your alarm clock just as it went off.

You rolled over and blinked awake, only to come face to face with Vincent. You jumped, and he snickered, smirking.

You rolled your eyes and sat up.

"Morning, sunshine." He said, ruffling your hair and chuckling.

"Morning, grape." You said, mocking him.

"Seriously?" He muttered. "This again?"

"It's either Grape or Vinny." You said, shrugging. He frowned, but then muttered, "Alright, alright." You smiled, then leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. He blushed a bit, and you grinned.

He chuckled nervously before stuttering, "W-Well, we should get going. I-I made breakfast..."

You smiled before taking his hand.

***

~???'s POV~

The man shoved me down in the chair that sat at the end of the long table. I huffed as I stared down at the table.

I heard a door open and footsteps, then I heard someone sit down. The sounds were distant so I guessed they'd set down at the other end of the table.

"Oh, brother. You've gotten yourself into another heap of trouble again, haven't you, dear?" A voice said, laughing.

I scowled but didn't look up.

"I haven't any time for games. Why did you two pull me from jail?"

I heard another person pull out a chair and sit down.

"You needed help, and knowing you we decided you were probably so desperate you'd help us to get it." Another voice chimed in, then chuckled.

"Really?" I growled.

"Okay, since my friend here obviously isn't clear enough," the first voice said, "We helped you from jail and we know all about your little rivalry with-Vincent, I believe?- so, we'll help you get to him if you help us get what we want."

"Sounds fair enough." I muttered bitterly.

"It does, doesn't it?"

"So let's get to the point... Deal or no?"

I paused.

"Deal."

***

When they'd got nothing else to loose
They made a gamble, let someone choose
For eventually we'll reach the day
When even traitors are betrayed