Chapter 15

~???'s POV~

He thinks he's snapped his strings? Ha. Yeah, right...

I'm going to get rid of him, one way or another.

Vincent, you better watch your back.

***

~Your POV~

You heard a knock on your door and ran over. You opened it, only to be faced with Ali, the girl who'd left years ago.

She grinned. "Hey, (Y/N)..."

"A-Ali?" You choked out, taking a step back. "W-What are you-?"

"Listen, uh, (Y/N)... You see, the cops are onto me, so I was wondering if I could stay here a night or two? I don't actually got anywhere else to go." She smiled weakly. You raised an eyebrow, your suspicions rising.

"Why should I trust you?" You growled.

"Search me! I don't got a knife or any other weapon on me, I swear."

You groaned. "Fine. One night. And only one. Then I want you out of here and far away from my friends and I, you got that?" You snapped.

"Okay, okay! I'll be gone in the morning. Th-Thanks."

She walked in and you shut the door, just as your cellphone rang. You reached into your pocket and pulled it out, answering.

"Hello?"

"I-It's Vincent." It was Mike.

"What? What happened!?"

"Something happened... I think someone tampered with his drink or something... He's unconscious..."

"What!?"

"What happened?" You heard Ali call from another room.

"Wait, am I hearing things or did I just hear Ali in the background?" Mike asked, panic obvious in his voice.

"Yup... The brat's back." You murmured.

"Hey! I can hear you, ya know!"

"Yeah, I know!" You yelled back, stifling a laugh.

"Well, just get over here and get your boyfriend before she tries something." Mike snapped.

"Okay, okay! I'm coming." You mumbled, hanging up and putting your phone away.

"I'll be right back, Ali." You yelled. "Don't break anything."

"No promises!" She yelled back, laughing. You rolled your eyes, smiling a bit.

Then you opened the door and stepped outside.