Chapter Sixteen

Edited: 3/22/16

Eli - the woods pt. 2

My chest rumbled and vibrated with my growl, I was about to lunge at the male touching my mate when Alex held me back. I took a breath and looked back at Kelsey who was watching me. Several emotions passed across her face but for the life of me I couldn't name a one.

"Kelsey is that really you?" I asked quietly.

She didn't answer right away just stood there and watched me. I noticed the other wolf who seemed to be around her age move to stand on the other side of her. I tensed, remembering what a pack member had said.

"Well.. I never thought I'd see you again. But then I've had a string of bad luck." She replied coldly.

I could feel my pack stiffen with her response. And I was a bit shocked myself. I seen the smirk rise to her face and was even more confused, but I needed to let her know I wanted her.

"I've been search-" I was cut off. "We have nothing to say. We've taken care of the rouges so there is no reason for me to stick around." She said.

She turned her attention to her Beta and then nodded I don't know if they spoke or not but then she turned and began walking. I panicked and blurted out the first thing I could.

"This isn't done Kelsey." I yelled out.

She stopped and turned her head, looking over her shoulder and looked me straight in the eyes, "I believe it is." She said, then shifted and ran off. My wolf begged me to let him go to his mate but I couldnt.

Everyone except Alex, return to your positions. I odered and the pack scattered.

"My name is Jason. Beta of the Blood Rouge pack. I assume your Eli, Alpha of the MoonLight pack." The one that touched my mate said with a smirk. He made no secret that he was sizing me up.

I growled, "I am."

He nodded, "I see.." I seen the other nod, "I'm Tyler. Third in command."

I simply nodded in acknowledgement. "How long has Kelsey Hendricks been in your pack?" I asked Jason.

Jason's face turned murderous, "Since she left yours." He stated with a growl. I wasn't exactly sure what to think of his reaction until he continued. "She was weak, starved, bruised, and she will have scars for the rest of her life. But then what do you care?" He sneered.

For a moment I let what he said sink in and my heart almost stopped. She was that bad? Who hurt her? After I heard him accuse me of not caring I snarled, "do not tell me that I do not care! That is my mate!" I yelled.

He laughed, and Tyler decided to speak. "You are not her mate. You rejected her and lost all rights to her. She can do better." He said and I lunged but Alex continued to hold me.

"You will not touch her. She is mine. I made a mistake and one that I will rectify." I stated and then walk away before I lose all the control I have at the moment. Xavior was scratching at my control, wanting to be freed to tear into the two males that were near our mate.

I was happy she was alive and well, but I was sad and hurt that she just left and didn't let me speak. But then I don't really blame her. Now I am happy I asked for the Blood Rouge's Alphas help.

"Tomorrow my mate... I will see you again.." I said to myself and headed back to the pack house.