Chapter One

Kelsey

I'm waking up to ash and dust

I wipe my brow and I sweat my rust.

I'm bringing in the chemicals

(Inhale)

(Exhale)

I'm breaking in,

I'm shaping up-

Hearing the sound of my alarm clock, I reach over blindly and smack the alarm clock. Groaning as I sit up. I don't wait for my body to wake as I force myself to get up and quickly dress in the torn jeans and the  to wear.

I put my hair in a messy bun and run down stairs, quickly getting into the kitchen, preparing breakfast. I was almost done, when Brittney and Ethan walk in laughing. Followed by more pack members. "Hey bitch hurry up I'm hungry." Brittney sneers at me, I keep my head down as I grab the plates of food and set them on the table. In no time the kitchen is filled with members who are eating and talking.

I stand in the corner with my head down, trying not to draw attention to myself. My thoughts yet again turn negative and confused. When I turned ten my parents began to neglect me, then they began to call me names. I thought that was bad, but then came the beatings. When the pack learned of it, I thought that someone may help me out of the situation but they didn't. They only seemed to take on my parents attitude towards me.

To this day I don't know why I was turned on. But for seven long years, I've been the packs punching bag. I'm beaten not only physically but emotionally and mentally. I had wanted to end my life last year and I almost did but something held me back a reminder that once I turned seventeen I'd find my mate and gain my wolf and then I wouldn't be alone. I just couldn't stop myself from wishing tomorrow would come sooner because life as the Omega was wearing me down to nothingness.

I have so many rules, I was told them about a month after the beatings began and then the Alpha enforced them.

1) Never look any member in the eyes.

2) Never speak unless spoken to.

3) I can not complain about anything.

4) I'm not allowed to have friends.

I used to fight it, but then after hearing it so many times every single day. I began to believe what everyone had been telling me. I'm a no body, unwanted and no matter what I do in life I'll never fully belong. I stopped speaking unless I was spoken to because well, its one of my rules.

I was taken out of my thoughts when I felt my cheek sting and my face turned. In shock I looked up and seen a glaring Ethan. "You dare to look at me, you ugly bitch!" He yelled and I was overcome with fear.

Quickly lowering my head I stayed quiet, knowing either way I would be punished. I felt his fist slam into my stomach and I gasped falling to the floor with a thump. My knees exploding in pain. I could hear laughing in the background and he kicked me in the ribs, I tried to gasp in air but it hurt and it was so hard. I could feel the bones break as he kicked again. This time I screamed in pain but not one person helped me. When he stopped I was so close to passing out, my vision blurred.

"Know your place slut." And with that he and all the others left. And when I knew they had gone, I let the darkness overcome me.

~*~

When I next woke, my first though/feeling registered was pain. My whole body hurt and screamed in agony as I shifted. Looking at the clock I seen that I had an hour to make dinner. I did what I had to, to ignore the pain as I stood up and hobbled my way to the kitchen. Once there I began cooking.

Tomorrow... tomorrow will be better... I told myself, I ignore everyone I could as I served dinner and began to clean up.

Hearing a member occasionally call me fat, or slut as I worked. The names now didn't bother me as much as the did the first few months. I used to cry over just being called a runt but as I got older the names got worse. I just stopped caring.

"You can eat." I was told by another member I believe his name is Max. He was older than me, but he didnt call me names and he has never hit me. Though I wouldnt go as far as to say we're friends or anything but he is the nicest so far.

I don't answer but nod my hear, keeping my eyes down. I was waiting for him to leave but he came closer I stiffened waiting for the pain.

"I won't hurt you.." he whispered. "How do you feel?" He asked and I swear I heard genuine concern.

"I..I am fine thank you." I say so lightly I believe he didn't hear me as he simply walks away, leaving me alone to eat. I sigh in defeat at the little food they left me, but eat and ho up stairs to bed. We are supposed to get a new Alpha tomorrow. I'm just praying he is nicer than the last. I shiver at the memory of Alpha Mason. Such a pervert. I close my eyes and fall asleep, praying to the goddess to meet my mate.