The Cat's Out Of The Bag

Dearest respected readers...

So that's the end of Case #7, the final words of which being Geppetto's given name, Benjamin North... So just who is Benjamin North? Well, apart from being mentioned at least once in nearly every case ;) he is of course the CEO of Nord industrial; "Nord" being french for "North". Well done if anyone picked up on that one.

But that's not all of it of course... who he is, and who he is to Victor, will be explained in great detail in the next "case", the Victor Hart Flashback, set when Victor was around 18 or 19, in the circus where he grew up. It will be a complete story, of which Benjamin North will be an integral part, though it will not be a murder mystery. 

After the flashback, Case #9, the last case, will be the climax of the whole thing. My apologies, but there is a strong chance that I will not upload this to wattpad. This is because I am trying to get published as a proper paid author, and for the time being that means I don't want to give absolutely everything away for free,because that might mean publishers ask me why they should bother printing VH because its all online for free anyway...

So what does that mean if you're an online reader with no intention of buying a copy of Victor Hart when its printed?

It means you'll get pretty much the whole story; you'll find out who Geppetto is, and why he's been doing what he's been doing, and how etc. You'll get a great deal of backstory on the world etc. and you'll have all of your questions answered. But you won't get the final confrontation between the forces of good and evil.

On the other hand nothing is set in stone. If a publisher is okay with me posting 100% on wattpad I will do it, because that's what I'd prefer. (I would love to give everything for free, but i also need to eat)

And if after a long time of effort and no publisher is interested at all (sad face), I will post the climax here too.

I hope you understand what I'm doing and continue to support me.

It means a lot to me and Victor.

Also, I have been working on a followup project called Mutineers. In some ways Mutineers is the opposite of VH in that whilst VH is dark and dangerous, Mutineers is kind of a sitcom. But Mutineers is set in a fictionalised Golden age of Piracy,which might/should appeal to fans of steampunk as well. Those of you who haven't read my bio might not know that I'm also an occasional stand up comedian, so hopefully Mutineers will be funny. Think of it as somewhere between Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and the early Discworld Novels, with a sprinkle of Pirates of the Caribbean.

(there's a little trailer for it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8PX6zocONs    )

As Victor Hart comes to an end, I hope you can take some of the characters in Mutineers into your hearts in the same way as people have with Victor, Caughlin, and the rest.

For those of you who don't like my sense of humour (shame on you!), there will also be a more serious mystery project called "Cuttlefish Bay", set in a seaside town filled with dark secrets and maybe even some monsters. Think Twin Peaks meets Silent Hill meets Fargo.

Also, there have been a few comments/questions about what the characters look like, so I've put together an HD desktop wallpaper for people to download for free which should answer these questions...

http://kidkunjer.deviantart.com/art/Victor-Hart-HD-desktop-wallpaper-567301416

Yours truthfully,

RKLawrence