Introduction

My sight always seems to blur the more I try to focus. The various different colours of green on the trees leaves seem bright against the dark brown bark of the stem. My eyes travel to the stump of the tree, the various colours of the flowers make it look like a rainbow when my sight blurs. You can see red, purple, yellow but no black. There never is. The colour that stands out the most is the clear blue of the sky, the sky that is a symbol of freedom. Something which I may never have. Freedom.
I rip my gaze from the dull, ordinary white wall. I try to push out my wishful daydreams. Focusing my attention back to the white hallway and start walking slowly to the trial chamber along with the others. Not many, only the ones who have finished their training and the ones who have been here the longer than most. Though no one has been here as long as I have. 38 years is a long time to spend in a place like this. Confined and always watched. When I say always I mean always. I am 38 years old, but we age half the speed as the ordinary humans, so basically I am 19. It's not for our benefit, but for theirs. For the Facility and the ones who plan to buy us.
I line up with the others in a narrow confinement waiting for my turn. I cautiously watch the Watchers on along the walls. Watchers are robots, lanky and quick. I stand behind a tall and skinny boy with dirty blonde hair that reaches the nape of his neck. His posture is stiff and slouched slightly. He has been here for 34 years, he's 17, we age half the speed as the humans. We all know the boy as Grim, for him being overly serious.
There is only one social must one has to achieve while they're here. Earn a name. If you don't manage to achieve this then all will know you of your name the Overseer of the Facility have given you. That name will stick and you will never get rid of it. The name you earn is the only thing that makes you feel special, and not like an experiment. Which is the horrible truth. An experiment, a slave. We are all slaves to this wretched place. Let's be honest, none of us really know how we got here or how we exist, we only know that we are here and here for a purpose. I am one of the more fortunate one's, I am trained and experimented for battle and other chosen areas. Some are used for testing products and even die because of them. Some experiments include mixing animal DNA into our systems, sometimes it works and others it ends horribly for the Praiser. That's what they call us. Praisers. I used to scowl at the name they have given us, but now I have come to except their flagrant sense of humor.
I am shaken out of my thoughts by a slight shove on my shoulder blade, I look back and give at the boy behind me a venomous look, he indicates that the line is moving. The next person leaves the room for trial, the door silently and quickly shutting behind her. Now only about 30 of us left in the room. There are 611 of us here in the Facility in total. The highest number any of us has seen so far on anyones suit was 1537 and the lowest was 926, the smaller numbers are the eldest. Each of us have a number on hour uniform, which is the 'name' the Facility gave us. Now you can imagine why we are desperate to be called something else.
The line slowly makes its way forward, calling out each number that was next. Grim gets called in, 1081. I ready myself by tightening my thick brown hair in a tight messy bun and making sure my white skin-tight bodysuit fits with no annoyances. How much I hate the colour white, many say it isn't a colour and that fuels my frustration even more. What is it then?
My number is printed on both sleeves above my elbow, printed in orange.
My number is then called, calling me to enter, a chance to get out of here and I only have to impress them. The problem is that I've stopped trying to impress them a long time ago. Causing me to loose many opportunities to finally escape this place. Experiment 926, you're in for the long run.

Authors note:

This is a new book I have been working on for a while now. The genre is mainly scifi and fantasy, but it contains romance and a lot of violence. Please keep that in mind before you read it. I am open to suggestions and criticism, as well as pointing out spelling mistakes I might have missed, but please restrain from being rude or unnecessarily hurtful.

I would like to stress out that all of my rights are reserved and I do not tolerante plagiarism.

I would also deeply cherish if it were possible to minimize any bickering that may occour in the comment section. Thank you so much for your understanding and most importatly for your interest in my book. I adore all of my readers who comment and like my chapters individually, even the silent ones.

I plan on publishing the first chapter on the 25 of Decemeber, I will publish one chapter each week after that. Please keep in mind that we are all in different time zones, so it may be different days and times for everyone.

I want to thank everyone again and I love you all.