Maybe standing up for myself is a good thing...

I threw my bag over my shoulder and walked out of the house to go to school. It was a short walk, so I decided to get the quiet time while it lasted. I slipped a headphone into my ear and turned on "Give Me Love" by Ed Sheeran. I hummed quietly to myself as I walked the remainder of the way to my high school.
"Give me love like her. Cause lately I've been waking up alone. Paint splattered tear drops on my shirt. Told you I'd let them go. And that I'll fight my corner, maybe tonight I'll call you, after my blood, turns into alcohol. No I just wanna hold you. So, give a little time to me, we'll burn this out, we'll play hide and seek, to turn this around. All I want is the taste that you lips allow, my my, my my oh give me love." I sang to myself. I heard laughs from behind me and I jerked my head around to see Justin Black and his friends. "Look what we have here!" Justin's whistled. "Get away from me." I growled inside my chest. They chuckled at my weak defensiveness. "Why? Is the little baby gonna hurt me?" Justin cooed. "Shut up, Justin. You'll regret this." I said, trying to sound scary. My voice squeaked though, so they laughed even harder. "Regret what, baby? You know you like it. What do ya say, babe? You, me, and some ice cream?" He teased. "Justin shut the f*** up! I swear you will not be happy at the end of the day." I said, and it was a little more threatening this time. By his expression, I could tell he was shocked, and a little scared. I smirked. Maybe standing up for myself is a good thing... Just maybe. "U-um Justin. We better get out of here. The girls gonna kill you." His friends said shakily. "Yeah Justin, you better get out of here." I whispered, mocking his friends tone. This is fun! "I-oh uh... Okay, sorry, Lilly." Justin mumbled and practically ran from me. I laughed. The day went pretty well until I ran into Jackie.
"Well if it isn't little miss Baby?" She said to me. "Well if it isn't little miss b****." I said, mocking her tone. She was taken aback. "Excuse me?" Jackie asked. "Oh, that's right, I'm not taking your crap anymore. Now get out of my way Jackie." I growled at her. She was totally shocked. "What did I tell you last night?" She asked me. "You're not my freaking boss. I'm not going to take it. Now move." I demanded. Her eyes glistened with fear as she side stepped out of my way. "Good girl." I smirked and walked past her. I walked home after school was over, feeling utterly proud of myself. It's been a good day, just because I stood up for myself.