lies and betrayal

You were told to run away
Soak the place and light the flame
Pay the price for your betrayal.
YOUR BETRAYAL
I was told to stay away
Those two words I can't obey
Pay the price for your betrayal.

~Bullet for my Valentine - Your betrayal~

Hermione laid in the hospital bed unconscious after a traumatic night. Draco brushed his lips gently against her forehead. "Is she going to be alright?"

"She will. She just needs a rest and time to heal." Mcgonagall said from beside Draco. Draco jumped and nodded up at her. Madam Pomfery came forward, shaking and pale. "What is it?" Mcgonagall asked.

"Her wounds were made under the Sectumsempra curse but..."

"But what? Spit it out woman." Mcgonagall said, losing her patience.

"The wounds seem to have been stretched... I'm afraid she either had an object put in the wounds or a hand... Her leg dislocated and her wrist crushed." Draco winced and for a moment all he saw was red. Mcgonagall placed a hand on his shoulder and he soon relaxed.

"Draco... do you know anyone who could have done this?" Draco nodded. He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. His eyes turned hard and cold. He gritted his teeth and stormed out the room, leaving I Mcgonagall and Madam Pomfery confused.

*
Draco walked the halls and soon felt a familiar presence that mocked him to his core. Draco leaped at the shadow to then be slapped into the wall. "How could you?" He said as a small tear fell from his eyes.

"Oh you found your girlfriend." They chuckled.

"What did you do to her?" He gritted his teeth and his jaw clenched tightly.

"I tortured her. I shoved my hand into her open cuts and pulled on her insides. It was quite fun."

"You sick bastard!" His fist flew and froze a metre away from their face.

"You are still mine Malfoy. Don't forget it." He nodded sharply and winced as he rubbed his marking.

"Still hurts?" They questioned and they kissed his marking. He bit back a scream as he felt dark magic being plunged into him. They moved back with a grin.

"We follow a new dark Lord. They may not yet know but they have been chosen. Then you, the blood traitors and all the mudbloods with die. He has given me permission to kill that lover of yours."

"Whose he?" Draco asked.

"Voldemort silly." They laughed and Draco shivered.

"He is dead." He yelled in a whisper.

"Oh..." they rubbed his hair as they mocked him. "He is far from dead." The hairs on the back of his neck stood up right as fear washed over him. His hands became clammy with sweat and he wiped them on his trousers. "You wouldn't recognise him now. Right at this second, he is looking for the perfect little pureblood to take his place."

"Why not you?" He raised an eyebrow and smirked. "You obviously aren't good enough."

"I'm a female Draco. The dark Lord is the dark Lord for a reason." She laughed and walked away. Draco followed her as the spell overthrew his senses.

*

Hermione woke up later that day. "What? I can't go to classes!" She yelled at madam pomfery. Madam pomfery tried to protest but Hermione snapped. "I am going to classes. I have never failed a class. Not one essay. Not one potion. Not one examination. Not one charm and I will not stop now because of an evil little child who thinks they can get the better of me. I will not hide away in fear. I will be brave." Hermione said and walked out of the room leaving Madam pomfery annoyed but proud.

She walked into potions to see the students staring at her in shock. She must have looked worse than she felt. She had an ache that followed her around everywhere. She sighed. Draco tried to reach for her but soon was stood in place with a smirk across his place. "Looks like the mudblood got what she deserves." The slytherins laughed except for Hermione's friends who looked at her with pity.

"Hermione..." ginny said as her eyes pricked with tears. "What happened to you?" Hermione shivered at the thought and a small whimper fell out of her mouth as she started the potion.

She added the ingredients and stirred anti clockwise 5 times before waving her wand. She sighed and waited to see if it had worked. She felt the blood pour down her arm as a gasp of relief bubbled out of her mouth. She smiled. She used silent spells to allow her to talk control of her life. She was the only one allowed to hurt her. No one else. She closed her eyes as the pain travelled up her arm and into her mind.

Ginny grabbed her and she winced. Ginny pulled her hand away to see it covered in blood. She let out a shriek and Hermione ran out the room quickly. She ran out the room and into the bathrooms were moaning myrtle was. She ran in and let out a sob. Myrtle came down before wrapping her ghostly arms around Hermione.

"Hermione... read this." She said and pushed her glasses up. Hermione took the note and sighed.

"I've read it already Myrtle."

"What are you going to do about it?"

"Nothing..."

"Hermione I am shocked! You will go help Draco! You will go and find the person you hurt you! Hermione Granger would never do this." And Hermione understood.

"But what if it's Harry or Ron?" Hermione said with a whimper.

"Trust me Hermione. If it is, you're better without them." Hermione smiled and gave myrtle a hug. Moaning Myrtle and Hermione were friends for a long time and she knew she could talk to this ghost about anything.

"Go Hermione. 10 o clock at R o R."

Hermione looked puzzled. "R o R?"

"If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only to ask..." Hermione nodded and ran in search of the Room of Requirement.

An: so you know now that the mystery death eater is a girl. Anyone think they know who it is? Just comment or message me.