Train ride and Heartache

After the war, everything seemed to be peaceful again. No screaming. No colours flashing. No cries of pain. Nothing. Everything was just as it was when they only eleven, boarding the Hogwarts express at nine and three quarters in Kings Cross station.

Hermione entered the station and through the wall. The place seemed a lot brighter and happier compared to the last time she was here. The smell cleaner. The sun rays hitting the platform. If only Hermione felt that happy too...

Hermione rubbed her stinging eyes which were red and puffy. Her nose pink and her throat sore from screaming. She held a picture in her delicate hand and let out a sob.

After the war, she went to Australia to find her parents. She found them and her mother and after had adopted a little girl. They called her Hermione. She told them that she was their daughter Hermione and pleaded with them. They thought she was insane. She said the counter-curse and their eyes lit up at her face. She smiled widely and ran into their arms for them to push her away. They got muggle police to escort her off the premises. She had lost them forever.

So she stayed with the Weasley's at the Burrow. Harry and Ron both ignored her and that made her feel worse. Ginny was still her best friend. Fred and George became close with her and became her brothers. They comforted her when she needed it and she was so thankful to them.

But now she was at the station, waiting for the bus with Ginny. She hadn't spoke to Draco ever since her death and her heart was broke. She saw Astoria and Blaise and ran for them. Astoria hugged her tightly and so did Blaise.

"Hey Hermione." Astoria smiled at her.

Blaise smiled and looked around. "Where is Draco? He told us that he would be here by 10:45." Blaise frowned.

"I've not seen him... Has he been alright?" Hermione said panicky.

Blaise and Astoria grinned to each other. "He's been worried about you. He's sent you owls and you haven't replied. He has been nonstop talking about you." Hermione blushed and felt butterflies in her stomach.

A tuff of platinum blonde hair hit the light and Hermione froze. Draco Malfoy looked over to Hermione and sneered? Astoria and Blaise looked at Hermione puzzled. "Well if it isn't the Mudblood. Where's weaselbee and Scarhead?" Hermione paled and rubbed her arm on the spot Bellatrix had carved that horrible word in her arm. Recognition flooded Draco's face but he shook his head and those hard eyes reappeared. "Oh Mudblood. What's the matter? You going to cry?"

He laughed and Blaise growled. "Shut up Draco."

"Oh... Sticking up for the Mudblood Blaise. Your father will be very disappointed."

Blaise curled his hands into fists and Ginny took his hand with Blaise in total shock. "How could you Malfoy... She saved your life."

Draco sneered. "No she didn't. She is just a Mudblood. Filth below me. I am a Pureblood. She is worthless." Draco spat back. Hermione whimpered and ran into the train. Draco Malfoy grinned at his accomplishment and laughed. He walked off.

Inside Draco's hard eyes was a Draco fighting to get out. Sobbing and suffering as the involuntary words flooded out of his mouth. Draco had saw how broken down she was. How pale her skin was and how thin her body was and Draco tried to break free from the shackles that bound him but he couldn't. He walked to around the corner to a beaming smile. "Good job Malfoy. Now, you will continue to make her hate you. Make her suffer."

Draco gritted his teeth and shook his head. "N-n-o." Draco said and the shadow made a sulking sound.

"No Malfoy... Wrong answer. Imperio." Draco was flooded with the spell and his mind became wrapped in darkness.

*

Hermione sobbed on the train. "How.. How could he do this to me?" She held her wrist and winced at how sore it was.

"Something is wrong." Astoria said. "Draco isn't like that anymore. He changed." Ginny nodded along.

Blaise's eyes were still cold. "No. He hasn't. He played us all."

"Oh Blaise. You don't believe that." Ginny replied.

"No I don't... But now I don't know what to believe."

"Anything from the trolley?" The lady asked and everyone shook their head.

"Hermione? McGonagall wants to see you." A kid said and Hermione stood up and wobbled. She moved her fragile body towards the office and saw McGonagall... And Ronald Weasley.

"What's going on?" Hermione asked.

"You and Ronald here are the new Head Prefects." Hermione paled even more and nodded. McGonagall raised and eyebrow and didn't follow on. "Mr Potter didn't want to be Head Prefect and recommend Ronald Weasley for it. I looked into it and saw that, out of the other person, you two get along more. I asked the other and they said some words that will not be repeated again. So Mr Weasley is the new Prefect. Any questions?"

"Yes... I don't want to be head Prefect Professor..." Hermione said and Ron's jaw flew open.

"But why Miss Granger?" The shock in The professors voice was not unrecognised.

"I just can't... I hope you can understand." Hermione said in monotone and McGonagall nodded. Hermione sat back down in the corner of the cabin and wiped her eyes as new tears fell down her cheeks. She soon fell asleep and waited for the arrival at Hogwarts.

Hermione woke up to a banging at their cabin. Ginny opened the door to a girl standing there. "Hello... I'm Rosily. May I sit here?" The girl had straight brown hair and piercing grey eyes. Her eyes locked with Hermione and Hermione winced.

"Yes of course." Ginny smiled.

"Oh hello Ginny." Rosily grinned and Ginny gasped in recognition. They began to have gossip chats and Hermione smiled to herself as she looked over at Ginny. 'Just like old times' she shook her head and fell asleep and Grey eyes haunted her dreams

An: Who thinks they can guess who the person controlling Draco is? Comment who you think and you will see in a couple of chapters time. Let's see who will be right.