Chapter- 31

Joy pushed Shiv onto the bed and whisper-yelled ," What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything," Shiv replied, his voice eerily calm. He had taken Sachi to the doctor who had checked and cleaned up her deep gash.
Sachi had slept through it all.
He'd then taken her back to her room to find an angry Joy and a group of worried friends ready to kill him, there and then.
He'd been trying to put a twisting and crying Sachi onto bed but she clung to his shirt like it was her life line.
He didn't want to let her go but Joy's blazing eyes challenged him to do that and right now he just wanted to let Sachi rest.
Suddenly, Sachi relaxed against him, smiled and let go.
Shiv gently put her down overcoming a serious urge to kiss her forehead.
Joy pulled him away from Sachi and angrily prodded him on the chest. "Spill," he said.
Shiv explained everything as everyone listened in.
After he was finished he looked up to find Joy seething at him.
"Is that all? Don't you remember why Sachi ran off, huh? Lost our memory have we?"
"What are you talking about?" May asked.
"Well, Shiv apparently forgot that Sachi was his dioscuri. And he rejected her. That is why Sachi was so mad. He is the reason why she left the class and ran out of the campus!"
Shiv hung his head in shame. It was the truth after all.
He'd barely sighed when a fist stopped near his nose.
He looked up to see not Joy's but May's hand wriggling under Nate's hold clearly trying to damage his face.
"Leave me," May huffed," pretty boy has the guts to reject Sachi? And for what, may I ask?"
"I don't know," shiv muttered.
"What the..you don't know?! Nate leave me or i'll rip your throat and stuff it up your nose. Leave me you bloody hunk," May hollered over her shoulder as Nate pulled her out of the room. Suddenly Shiv felt a shout run up his throat as his cheek stung like it was in fire. His hand went up to his face where Ana's hand had just left a mark.
"Get out," Ana commanded.
Shiv nodded and after a glance at Sachi, he left.

Shiv walked towards the red tree. It always calmed him down when he was angry, or sad. The tree, Lorraine had been his friend since he was three, when his father first brought him here. Oh yes, he'd know he was a dioscuri for long. He'd know he was gifted since he turned two. His father didn't believe in the safety first crap. Nor did he.
He crumpled himself against Lorraine. He knew he was the cause of everything that Sachi had gone through. He didn't even understand why he did the things he did. And it enraged him. He mentally asked Sachi for forgiveness using their mind link but there was no reply. Probably because Sachi was knocked off by the drugs she had to take due to him. "Hey," he sighed and he could swear the tree nuzzled closer to him.

Sachi woke up to find everybody staring down at her. Ana sat closest to her, tears glistening on her face.
"What happened, Ana?", Sachi cried. Ana let out a small chuckle," She's worried about me? Fool," Ana exclaimed as
She wrapped her arms around Sachi who looked at others in amazement. Joy was looking at her with such emotion in his eyes, Sachi actually smiled. She gently pried Ana off and whisper yelled," Guys? I am still alive you know!"
"No kidding," Joy grumbled as Sachi launched herself on him in a bear hug.