Chapter 2. Princetown

It was September 26, the day she left for Princetown. She hadn't slept all night, dreading the next day. She didn't want any of this. She was too upset to talk to anyone, neither to Manan nor to her friends. She was leaving behind everything she knew and loved and it terrified her.

The students of George Mallory took a train to Princetown. She lugged her bags to the station with her family close behind. She still wasn't talking to her parents. Her mom was doing last minute checking. "Money, given ; socks, given; cell phone,charger, headphones, given; towel, Hey sach, did you take your towel?". Sachi glared at her mother while Manan and dad sniggered behind. She could see many teens standing with their families, just as terrified as her. Good, at least she wasn't alone.

Her parents waved to a couple of other adults and they waved back enthusiastically. They knew them? Strange! Manan waved to a couple of teens too. What! Was my family hiding something? Was this just a big joke?

Just then the train arrived. Sachi wanted to go in last, hoping the train would start without her. Her mother pushed her luggage inside and then pushed her also. "Go in! It's going to be just fine! Call us when you reach! We love you!", her mother said, kissing her forehead. Her brother ruffled her hair as her father hugged her. "Be good!", said her brother "or we will keep you there, forever!" . "Manan!," scolded her mother. "Just kidding!," he said. "Bye Sachibabe! Enjoy," he said as the train started.

She was going to miss her family, even Manan.