The begining

She sat on the steps of the trailer as she listened to her parents argue inside. The black hair that wasn't covered by her red hood blew in the cool breeze of Keystone City. Her piercing green eyes scanning the grounds of the circus as a small sigh escaped her pink lips. After a few minutes the arguing died down and she got up and began to walk the grounds. Looking down at the ground as she walked caused her to bump into someone and fall. "Sorry I wasn't watching where I was going." She said her voice was quiet and childish. "It's ok....I wasn't watching either.....here let me help you up." A boy said as he took the girl's hand and helped her up. "Oh thank you." She whispered as she held onto his hand and he pulled her up. "I'm Chance by the way." She said moving her hood slightly so she could look up at the boy. He was tall and pale with bright red hair and blue eyes. "I'm Jerome....my mom is the snake dancer." He said looking at Chance. "I know I see you with the snake sometimes." Chance said letting her hood fall to reveal her shoulder length black hair with grayish white bangs. "Why are you out here in the cold if you don't mind me asking?" He said running his hand through his hair. "Oh my parents are arguing....again....I don't really know what to do so I kinda make myself scarce." Chance said moving her bangs away from her glasses. Jerome couldn't help but notice how innocent and doll like this girl looked. Chance had the appearance that she wouldn't hurt a fly....then again so did he. Jerome shook his head after realizing he had been staring. "Um...would you like to come to my trailer...my mom isn't there so it'll be quiet." Jerome said. "I'd like that. Thank you." Chance said as a big bright smile grew on her face.