Chapter 60

Hades' POV

I gently ran my fingers through Celina's hair, trying to get her to relax. Even in her sleep she's still crying, but I can't fully blame Jackson. I just had to get away from her or I would of hurt her. I wish that accident with my parents never happened. They would still be here, I wouldn't be a fuck up, and I would have control over my anger.
I guess I should be happy that ever since I accepted her and allowed her to help me I haven't lost control over my anger. I mused over our argument and couldn't help but feel stupid.
She's right, I need to stand up to the pack. If I let them get away with not showing me respect, then what is stopping them from disrespecting Celina?
Jackson is already going to get punished for what he did. I understand that he thinks of me as his brother and hearing that I was in an accident had sent him into a tornado of emotions. But that doesn't give him the right to blame Celina, his Luna. If he had a problem with what had happened between her and I then he should have talked to me. Not snap at her like he did. She's pregnant, she got into an argument with me, and blamed herself for the accident. Yet, he couldn't process that.
I looked at her and kissed her temple, slightly wincing at the pain in my side.
I sighed, my pack is going to be fixed. I'll do it myself, I don't want anyone seeing me as weak. Which, I admit, I am. I'm an emotionally unstable guy, but I'm working on getting better.
I have three pups on the way and if they're boys, then they'll have to learn on being an Alpha. What better way than to set an example for them? No more mental breakdowns, no more disrespect, I'm changing.
Celina has protected me long enough, it's my turn. I promise her that I would make it up to her when I placed that ring on her finger. It's time I keep that promise.
I looked up as an officer walked in, he gave me a warm smile before pulling out papers.
"Hi, I'm officer Brian. I know it's hard, but could you tell me what happened last night?" He asked.
I returned the smile before nodding. "I was about to turn right when he came out of nowhere. I had nowhere to go as he tried stopping but the back end of the truck skidded and blocked my only exit.
After he rammed into me I...don't really know what happened." I explained.
He nodded, "Okay, that's the same thing that witnesses said. So, you're innocent in this case. It's approved that he was drunk at the time and we're looking at the cameras from the lights now."
I nodded, "Thank you." He grinned "Thank you for your time. Oh and Alpha?"
I froze before swallowing, "Yes?"
"I have a nurse coming in at eight to discharge you. Remember, we heal faster." He smiled.
"Thank you, Uh, am I on someone else's territory?"
"Yes, Alpha Xander's. Don't worry, he understands what happened. He told me to tell you to keep Celina safe. He will take care of Elvira."
I nodded before he left, leaving me bewildered. I bit my lip, how did I end up in Xander's territory?
I felt Celina stir beside me and so I looked at her. Her eyes fluttered open and looked up at me.
I smiled softly at her, "Feeling any better?" I asked.
She nodded slightly, "Kind of, it's mood-swings too."
I chuckled, "Want anything to eat?"
"No, I honestly want a shower."
"Well, I'll be discharge at eight."
She furrowed her eyebrows, "Why?"
"Human hospital."
Her eyes widened before she climbed off the bed and grabbed a few papers. She then dropped them and started panicking.
"I'm on my dad's territory. Oh no...no no no no-
"Whoa! Celina, it's fine! He already knows and he told me to keep you safe. He said he'll deal with Elvira." I assured her.
I swear, I'm going to have a heart attack with her panic attacks. I'm afraid she's going to hurt herself or something.
She looked at me with a frown. "Why?"
I shrugged, "I don't know."
"Oh my goddess he's stupid! He's going to put the whole pack in danger! I could careless about the adults since they abused me, but the innocent children shouldn't need to suffer.
I swear, someone needs to knock some sense into his head!" She ranted.
I laughed, "I'm sure he has a plan, but if it makes you feel better, I'll work along with him. To make sure Elvira doesn't harm the pack."
"As long as you keep me out of the meetings so I don't have to see my family, then I'll be happy."
I smiled, "It's a deal."

Once I was discharged at eight I thanked the nurse and took Celina outside to wait for Melody.
Melody decided it was better for her to pick us up instead of Jackson, I couldn't agree more. I felt slightly bad for him, because this punishment is going to be fun.
Once she pulled up it's like I couldn't move. Flashes of my parents dying and the accident last night had fear bubbling within me.
Celina glanced at me, "Hades, it's alright. I promise."
I looked at her and relaxed a little. First step to becoming a better Alpha and mate, beating my fears. I clenched my jaw as I sat down in the car and shut the door. I buckled myself and then returned to having a death grip on the door.
Celina grabbed my hand as Melody drove off.
The minute we stopped I sprinted out of the car and stood beside the porch. Celina chuckled before walking over and patting my shoulder.
"Good boy." She grinned.
I narrowed my eyes, "The fact you find this amusing.."
"It is." She shrugged.
I shook my head, oh, she's lucky I love her or it would be wedgies and pranks.
As I stepped into the packhouse I noticed a few members giving me a disgusted look.
I sighed, I'm done with this.
"Pack meeting, now. I'm sick of all your disrespect. If you don't attend the meeting the you can consider yourself a prisoner in my dungeons for three days to a week. Do I make myself clear?" I mind-linked everyone.
I got thousands of replays of "Yes, Alpha." Before shutting off the connection and bringing Celina to our room.
I told her to rest as I walked downstairs for the meeting.
"Melody, watch over Celina for me?" I asked.
"Of course!" Melody replied.

I walked out back and stood before my pack. I ignored all their looks as I began.
"Ever since I was eight you guys, as a pack, pushed me away. Treated me with disrespect and even bullied me. Not anymore, I'm sick and tired of this childish behavior. If you blame me for my parents' death then you're all fools.
I was eight years old, sitting in a booster seat in the back. My father was driving and the man who hit us was too. What was I supposed to do, huh? I couldn't do anything, yet you blamed me!
I haven't done anything wrong to this pack except for allowing you to disrespect me. I am nothing like Jackson's father and I'm not like my own father. I'm my own person and while I plan on being a nice and easy going Alpha, I will not hesitate to punish you.
If you disrespect me its up to a week in the pack prison. If you disrespect my mate, your Luna, then it's a month in the prison. And you will be treated like rogues or criminals.
If you free rogues, endanger the pack in anyway, you will be killed. If you bully neighboring packs, you can consider yourself a rogue. And we will follow all of my father's old rules. Got it?" I announced.
"I honestly don't think you should be Alpha." Someone sneered.
I looked at the one who spoke and had to bite back a growl.
"And why is that, Zane?" I spat.
He smirked, "You're weak, mental even. How can we trust you?"
"I have anger issues, that's the only mental thing. Besides my sorrow over my parents. And weak? Why don't you challenge me then? A fight to the death." I stated with confidence.
He grinned, "Fine, come at me."
I rolled my eyes, walked over to him, smirked, and grabbed him by the throat.
"Nighty night, Zane." I whispered before snapping his neck.
I allowed his body to drop to the ground before turning around. I studied the stunned looks.
"He was on death row anyway, he had it coming." I stated.
"So, if we follow your father's rules, does that mean you'll kill us right off the bat?" Another asked.
I shook my head, "Everyone gets three chances. On the third Celina and I will decide on whether or not to kill you." I explained.
"I care about you guys, you're my pack. I don't want anything bad to happen, but in order for you to respect me, I'm going to be stern.
Now I know my father had a huge rule with mates from the other packs or a rogue mate.
They will go on trial if they're rogue and if they're deemed innocent, then they can join the pack. If they're from another pack, then they'll just have to speak to their Alpha about switching packs. Everyone deserves to be with their mate." I voiced.

The whole pack started to smile, "Yes, Alpha." They all spoke.
I smiled, "I'm glad we're on the same page. Next time, I'll just kill the criminals. Okay, have a nice day."

I walked away while people chuckled and left. I sighed, I don't like killing pack members. But if it comes to that, then I'll do it. Which reminds me....
"Jackson, get Zane's dead body off the ground. Then report to my office."
"Uh...with the body?" He asked.
I rolled my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose, I swear he's a dumbass sometimes.
"No, Jackson, burn it."
"Oh, okay."

I shook my head, pain in my ass.

Author's note: So, I really didn't have it in me to make Hades' speech all intimidating. This is what happens when you've only had three hours of sleep and no food. I'm exhausted, but the ideas are just flowing like a river so I'm writing like a maniac.