Chapter 1

I winced as I pulled myself out of bed, trying to ignore the aching from yesterday's beatings. I walked to my mirror and sighed. Of course, just my luck to have a dislocated shoulder. Ivy could help me since the pack doctor won't. I shook my head, I don't understand why I'm hated. I never will either.

I know it has something to do with my mother leaving when I was only eight. Since then my father, older sister, and pack have hated me. It slightly angers me that they blame me for their Luna's decision. My mom planned to leave, I didn't tell her to. She left because she wanted to and that was that. Seeing how my father is, I don't blame her for leaving. Though, I don't know if he was like this before my mother left. I know he loved her and maybe still does. Not like I'll ever know anyway, I never talk to him anymore. It would be useless to ask.

I quickly showered under freezing cold water, my thin form shivering violently. Once I was cleaned and dressed I scurried downstairs, hurrying to make breakfast for the pack. I had just finished filling the last plate when the pack filed in. My sister walked in first while holding hands with her mate, Dylan.

I ignored them, focused on my task as I placed the plate down. I didn't want them to hit me even more, my ribs felt as if they were going to break any minute. Over the years I've learned to not cry, to keep my emotions bottled up. What would be the point anyway? Crying won't get them to stop, it'll only make them hit me further. My sobs would never get someone to actually care for me, like my father says, I'm a mistake.

I left the dining room after that, carefully dodging my father as he walked in. I walked back up to my room and collapsed onto my bed, feeling empty. This is the third week that I'm not eating, I've lost my appetite a long time ago. I sighed, I just hope that one day their beating will be too much. That I'll close my eyes and never wake up.

Then they'll finally realize their mistake and I'll finally be free. Free from all the emotional and physical pain. Free from the mental and physical abuse. I know I used to love my family and pack, but now I fear them. I can never love them again, no matter what.