Chapter 24

"Hades, the bacon is black...I can't even bite into it." I commented, staring at the charred food.

Hades frowned, "It's not supposed to be?"

"Have you ever had bacon before?"

"No."

I gaped at him, he never had bacon. "How the fuck do you live in America?" I asked.

He stared at me, furrowing his eyebrows. "Well, my parents had me here...so, I'm pretty sure that's how."

"No, I mean, how do you live in America and you never had bacon? Almost every person in the damn country survives on it! It's delicious!" I exclaimed.

Hades stared at me before looking down, "Oh."

I watched him a few seconds, I frowned when I saw shame in his eyes. I sighed and walked over to him, gently taking the spatula out of his hand. I then cupped his face and made him look at me; I smiled softly at him.

"Hey, no need to feel ashamed. My first time making bacon I set it on fire...along with stove...counter top...spatula...and oddly a plate." I chuckled. "Here, watch me cook it."

Once I was done cooking the first four pieces I handed the spatula back to him and watched him. After a few minutes he flipped the bacon and I smiled.

"See? You're getting the hang of it." I grinned.

"Thank you." Hades chirped, smiling at me.

I sighed in relief at the smile on his face, he's so...sensitive. He's afraid of disapproval for some reason, did someone do something to him? I remember him telling me he was forced into the Alpha position, but by who? I sat on the counter-top as he continued to cook the bacon, my mind going blank as I tried coming up with a way to ask him this.

"Hey, Hades?" I started.

He glanced at me for a moment before focusing on the bacon. "Yeah?"

"Who...forced you into the Alpha position?"

He tensed up and placed all the bacon onto the plate before turning the stove off. He then placed the spatula down and wiped his hands, when he was focused on me I could see pain in his eyes.

"My father's Beta." he answered finally.

"Oh, why? Wouldn't he be Alpha?" I questioned. "Until you became of age?"

"Yes, but he wanted me to be Alpha so he could travel. He...he's a sadistic man that you need to stay away from. Okay?"

I nodded, "Yeah, okay."

I wanted to ask if he hurt him at all, but I could tell he wasn't up to explaining it to me. So, I hopped off the counter and helped him set the food on the plates. Once we were seated we ate in silence, both of us thinking about things. I chewed my eggs slowly, trying to come up with theories on why Hades is so afraid of his father's Beta. What did he do?

After breakfast was over Hades had to train the pack, I decided to join him. I quickly dressed into sports pants, a sports bra, and my running shoes before sprinting downstairs. Hades was standing by the door in only shorts and running shoes. I admired his body, but blushed when he let out a growl of approval at the lust in my eyes. He wrapped his arm around me as we walked towards the training fields, which were in the middle of the forest.

Once we finally reached the spot I stood beside him and scanned the pack members. There was both girls and guys, multiple guys were staring at me with lust while girls were glaring at me with jealousy burning in their eyes. Hades started to growl at the other men, warning them that I'm his. I did the same to the other girls, satisfied when their eyes widened and they looked away. Well, all of them except for one girl.

She was a little taller than me, athletic body of course, medium length black hair, and bright brown eyes. She narrowed her eyes at me before turning around and walking to a small group of girls, who were also glaring at me. I rolled my eyes at them, if they want to act like immature children, then they can go right ahead.

"Now, listen up, this beautiful angel right here is my mate! Which means she is your Luna! I want her to be treated with respect, got it?" he warned, giving them all a stern look.

"Yes, Alpha." they answered together.

I bit back a growl when the black haired girl raised her hand, smirking at me. Hades let out a sigh of frustration before calling out her name.

"Yes, Stephanie?" he asked.

"Shouldn't her fighting skills be tested?" she quizzed. "Isn't that the rules?"

Hades swallowed, "Yes, you're right."

He slowly turned to me with a nervous look, "How good are you at fighting?"

I grinned, "You'll find out, I want to fight Stephanie though."

He blanched and gaped at me, "My best female warrior? She's the female General!" he whispered yelled.

I rolled my eyes, "I can beat her, trust me."

He gave me a skeptical look but nodded, giving into my determination. We both faced Stephanie who had a wide grin on her face, triumph already in her eyes. I only smiled to myself, I'm going to wipe the grass with her face.

"Stephanie, the Luna wants to fight you for her test." Hades announced.

Stephanie smirked as she walked over, "Would be an honor, Alpha." she whispered seductively, trailing her fingers along his chest.

Hades growled out, warning her to stop touching him. I guess she took that as a growl of approval, for she started to move her fingers down.

Hades quickly snatched her wrist and shoved her away from him. "Do not touch me, ever, girl." he spat with disgust.

I grinned in satisfaction, looks like I'm not the only one who hates her at the moment. She quickly masked her shock before focusing on me, that jealousy burning in her eyes again.

"Ready, Luna?" she sneered.

I smiled sweetly, "Oh, you bet."

"Let the fight...BEGIN!"