Chapter 2

Start writing your story

8 Years Later

Lauren's POV

I turned off my ignition as I parked my car up. Taking a deep breath before I quickly checked myself in the mirror to make sure I looked okay.

Today was one of the biggest days of my life and I was not going to mess it up. Once I made sure my make-up and hair was okay, I got out of my car flattening out to creases in my outfit and looked up at the skyscraper in front of me. The giant sign reading 'Delevingne' made my feel like a kid at a candy store.

I clutched my portfolio in my hand and started to walk towards the building. As I neared the entrance the giant glasses door automatically opened allowing me to enter. I look at the buildings interior in awe.

Marble covered the lobby from head to toe. There wasn't a speck of dust to be seen. Small couches were placed in the corners not a cushion out of place. The mixtures of black, grey and white gave a very sophisticated vibe and I liked that.

I made my way over to the reception and received a gorgeous smile from the dark skinned beauty who sat behind the marble desk.

"Hey, can I help you with anything?" She asked politely. I returned her smile before answering her question.

"Yes actually you can..." I dragged out my sentence to look quickly at her name tag which read Normani. "Normani, I'm Lauren Jauregui I have an interview with Mr.Delevigne" I stated making the woman smile.

"Of course Ms.Jauregui, just take a seat and I'll inform Mr.Delevigne you are here" I thanked her before throwing a quick wink and I could've sworn I saw her blush.

I walked back over towards the waiting area. I took a seat on what I could tell was a very expensive couch. I honestly felt scared to just sit on it. I quickly opened up my portfolio making sure I had brought all my chosen photographs. Photography had always been a huge passion of mine for as long as I could remember and to get the chance to work at Delevingne would be a life changing opportunity. When my best friend Ally got me the interview I almost cried with happiness I couldn't believe it. Her friend Cara's father is the CEO of Delevinge so when I applied she asked Cara to put in a good word for me and whatever she said it must of worked because here I am and I couldn't feel luckier.

I jumped out of my thoughts when I felt a firm hand on my shoulder. I turned around in shock. There he was Mr. Charles Delevinge. I quickly stood up and once again smoothed out my outfit.

"Ms. Jauregui I've heard a lot about you, pleasure to finally meet you" He said holding out his hand and I quickly accepted to gesture giving him a firm handshake like my mother always taught me.

"The pleasure is all mine Mr. Delevinge" I said flashing him my 'signature' smile as all my friends and family liked to call it.

"Oh please call me Charles" I nodded and he gestured towards the elevator. "Now shall we head up to my office and start this interview" He said smiling a genuine smile.

"Yes Mr.. I mean Charles, after you" He nodded and we headed up to his office. His office was on the top floor which didn't surprise me since he was the CEO. His office was immaculate apart from small pictures that were place on his desk and the walls.

I took a seat in one of the chairs in front of his desk as he took a seat in his before leaning forward on his desk on his elbows.

"So Ms. Jauregui why would you like to do photography as you're full time job?" He asked and I could see he was actually interest to hear what I had to say.