Chapter 38

Tyler's POV

I stand outside my building with my suitcase, waiting for Jerard to come with Amy and Dylan to pick me up. He should be here soon to take us to the airport.

In a few minutes, his car pulls up. He parks the car in front of me, and pops open the trunk. I put my suitcase inside, and then shut the trunk. I open up the door to the back, taking a seat next to Dylan.

"Hey, thanks for picking me up," I say while putting on my seat belt.

"Ya, no problem," Jerard says. "I wasn't going to make you take a cab to the airport. Especially when you're paying for Dylan to go."

"I could've been paying for Amy too if she wasn't so stubborn," I tease.

"Well you're paying for all the hotel stuff, so I wasn't going to let you pay for my plane ticket," Amy says, turning around in the passenger's seat.

"It's a flight to Nashville. It's not even expensive," I say.

"Exactly. So it's not a big deal if I pay," she points out with a smirk.

"Ok Amelia, you win this time. But I will pay for a trip for us one day," I tell her.

"We'll see about that," she says, turning back around to face forward.

"So bud, you excited for the weekend?," I ask Dylan.

"Ya, it's going to be so much fun. I'm excited for the draft, and the skills competition, and the actual game. And to meet other players. You said we could meet other players, right?"

"Ya, I got you guys passes to come to the locker room during the game. And then today when I'm doing media day interviews, you guys can go see the mascot stuff," I tell him.

"This weekend is going to be awesome," Dylan says, a big smile plastered on his face.

"Ya, it will be," I say, ruffling his hair.

Dylan continues to go on and on about how much fun he's going to have this weekend. I listen to him, smiling as he talks with such enthusiasm. I've never seen him this excited for anything. I'm happy to be able to make him smile.

Soon enough, we arrive at the airport. Jerard parks his car in the unloading area, and we all get out of the car. We take our suitcases out from the trunk, putting them onto two separate trollies.

"Ok well have a safe flight," Jerard says to Amy. "And have fun."

"Ya, we will," she says.

I can tell that Jerard wants to give Amy a hug, but he won't. He knows that she won't hug him back. So he won't even try to hug her. The rejection would hurt him too much.

"Ok buddy, don't get into too much trouble this weekend," Jerard tells Dylan.

"I won't, dad," Dylan says, giving his dad a hug.

Jerard smiles, hugging Dylan tightly. He kisses the top of Dylan's head. Dylan smiles, and pulls away from the hug.

"Tyler, you better keep my kids safe. If anything happens to them, I'll kill you," Jerard warns with a chuckle.

"Don't worry, I'll do everything in my power to make sure that they're safe," I tell him.

"Ok well, I'll let you guys go now. I don't want you guys to miss your flight," Jerard says.

"Bye dad," Dylan says. "Love you."

"Love you too, kiddo. I'll be here to pick you up after the weekend," Jerard tells him.