Chapter 28

Tyler's POV

I miss Amy a lot. I just want to hold her and kiss her again. The hoodie she gave me barely smells like her anymore because I wear it too much.

Spending all this time with the guys makes me wish even more that Amy was here. I can't wait to have my Skype date with her in a few minutes.

"Tyler, it's not a date," I hear Amy's voice say in my head.

I smile, pulling Amy's hoodie, well technically my hoodie, up to my nose. I take in her very faint smell that's still there.

I don't know how I'll survive when her scent is fully gone. We're only halfway through this road trip. I still have to make it through another week and a half without her.

*Amy, can I start the Skype now?* I text her.

*Ya, go ahead* she replies back in a minute.

I open up my laptop that's sitting on the bedside table of the hotel room, placing it on my lap. I click on Skype, and find Amy's name. It has the green online symbol next to it.

I start the call, and wait for it to connect. When her beautiful face appears on my screen, I smile like an idiot.

"Hey beautiful," I say.

"Hey," she says with a smile.

"Aww I don't get a compliment?," I pout.

Amy giggles. "Sorry, my bad. Hey gorgeous."

"Much better," I say with a chuckle. "So how are you?"

"I'm good. Just got home from school not too long ago," she tells me. "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine. Kinda nervous for the game tonight."

"I forget, who are you playing?," she asks.

"The Jets, but I'm looking forward to the next game," I tell her.

"Why?"

"Well after we leave Winnipeg, we play the Leafs next. So my family is going to come to Toronto from Brampton. It'll be really nice to see them, and hangout with them."

"That'll be fun. Tell them I say hi," Amy says.

"I will. They're super excited to meet you," I say.

"Meet me?," she questions. "When are they meeting me?"

"At the end of January. They're gunna come to Dallas for my birthday," I tell her.

"Oh ok, so there's still some time till I meet them," she says.

"Ya. So don't freak out. They already like you from whatever I've told them. It'll be just like when you met the guys."

"I guess. But your family is different than your teammates. They'll probably judge me more."

"No, I don't think so. My family is pretty awesome. My mom is super chill. You'll be fine," I say.

"Ok, I'll worry about it when it's closer to your birthday," she says.

"So uhh what are your plans for the rest of your night?," I ask, changing the subject.

"Well Drea is gunna stop by for a bit. I haven't seen her in a while, and she wants to hangout. I think we're just gunna go for a walk with the dogs. Maybe she'll stay for dinner, and we'll watch the game together."

"That should be fun. Tell Drea I say hi," I tell her. "But hey, speaking of the dogs, where are my boys?"

"Marshall is lying at the end of the bed by my feet," she says. "And I think Cash is in the basement with Dylan."