Chapter 11

Tyler's POV

My phone starts ringing on the bedside table, waking me up. I turn my body and lay on my stomach. I bury my head into my pillow, not wanting to answer the phone.

The phone stops ringing, and I start to fall asleep again. A few minutes later, the phone starts ringing again. I groan, and reach for it, not opening my eyes.

"Hello?," I groggily say into the phone.

"Hey Tyler," Amy says on the other end.

"Oh hey Amy," I say with a smile, still having my eyes closed.

"Are you still sleeping?," she asks. "It's almost 3:00."

"What can I say, you tired me out last night," I say with a smirk.

"Stop smiling," she says, and I can hear that she's smiling too.

"How do you know I'm smiling?," I ask.

"Cause I can hear it in your tone," she tells me.

I laugh a little. "So did you sneak out during the night or in the morning?"

"During the night," Amy says.

"We were up till like four or five last night," I say. "Why not just go in the morning?"

"Because then I would've had to spend the night."

"And that's a bad thing?," I question.

"It's not a bad thing. It's just not me," she explains.

"Ya I know," I say with a sigh.

"Sorry if it hurts to wake up every morning and seeing that I'm gone."

"It's ok. I'm starting to get used to it," I tell her. "But maybe one day you will spend the night."

"I doubt it. But anyways, I called you for a reason," Amy says.

"What is it?," I ask.

"Can you pick up Dylan from his practice for me?," she asks. "I got called in to work."

"Ya sure. What time?"

"He's done at four. I'll text you the address of the rink."

"Ok. Maybe I'll chill with him for a bit," I say.

"I'm sure he'd like that," Amy says. "He really enjoyed spending all that time with you when you were helping him."

"Ya he's a great kid."

"Ya, but I got to go now. I'll talk to you later. And thanks for picking him up for me."

"No problem," I say.

"Ok bye Tyler," she says.

"Bye Amelia," I say, teasing her.

She giggles a bit, and then hangs up. I sit up in the bed and stretch myself out. I get out of bed, and pick up my clothes that were thrown on the floor last night.

I go into the washroom, and brush and take a quick shower. I put on some clothes and grab my keys. I leave my building and drive to the address of the rink that Amy texted to me.

I arrive a little early, so I decide to go inside. When I go in, I stand by the boards, and watch the team do their final drill. Dylan sees me and waves at me, and I wave back.

Their drill ends, and the coach calls them in for a few final words. Then they all head to the locker room. A few minutes later, Dylan comes out with his bag of equipment.

"Here I'll take that for you," I say and grab his bag from him.

"Thanks," he says. "Where's Amy?"