Chapter 9

Your POV

I walk out when Camila asked me how did I met her family, I met her incredible family because of her, Camila and I met at middle school, I was a transferee that time because I was just transferred to the new orphanage here in Miami.

We bumped into each other that time then hit it off on the first day, she introduced me to her family and that was the first time I experienced of having a family, I feel whole from that day we started to hang out to her house. We are always left on camila's house every weekend taking care of her little sister sofi, that's why sofi is super close to me.

"Y/N" a voice snapped me out of my thoughts, I looked up and I saw it was sofi.

"Hey there sof" I greeted her.

"I know you're upset when kaki asked you how did you met us" she said with sympathy in her voice.

"Yeah I am but i'm alright now, so did your sister went to take a bath already?" I asked her

"Yeah she is now, remember when we used to call her slowpoke?" She said giggling,

"Yeah, camila is really a slowpoke" I agreed

Sofi giggled then hopped on my back,

"Sofi you're getting heavy now you know that?" I told her

"Nah, its you, you're getting older" she said while giggling

"That's a big N-O sofi, I am just 18 years old dear sofi that's not old" I said then laughed.

"Y/N Kaki's here" sofi said then I looked at the direction of camila.

"Finally! I thought we will wait for eternity, you really are a slowpoke Cami" I said, i'm not upset with her anymore, and she really looks beautiful.

"I'm not and its only 7:30 am Y/N, we have time to spare" she said defensively, I chuckled.

"But Cami, I don't want to be late you know" I said then opened the backseat door for sofi, sofi giggled as she entered the car.

"Wow Y/N, for a bad ass like you, you worry too much about getting late, I think you are a nerd stuck in a body of a  bad ass girl" she said sarcastically, if you only knew.

"Whatever" I said as I playfully rolled my eyes.

I opened the door for her, "hop on madam demoiselle" I said and I saw her blush but pretended I didn't saw anything.

I entered the driver seat then i'm about to start the engine when I noticed something, she's not wearing the seatbelt. I reached for the seat belt our faces are a few inches apart, I felt her tensed, then I put on her seatbelt.

"Safety first" I said, "there, sofi did you buckled your seatbelt?" I asked sofi.

"Yup" sofi said.

"Good"I said then started to drive, I saw camila leaned her head on the window drowned in her own thoughts, I wonder what is she thinking about.

I remembered what I said to camila when we were younger, when I am driving her to school with my bicycle, I told her that someday I will drive her to school with a fancy car, now here it is it's happening, but she doesn't remember.

We arrived at sofi's school,

"Hey Y/N thanks for the ride, see you later" sofi said while waving goodbye, I waved back then I continued to drive going to our school, I pulled off the school's parking lot then I stared at camila, she's still deep in her thoughts, I started calling her but she doesn't budge.

Then I snapped my fingers in front of her face, she looked up at me.

I looked at her with worried expression on my face.

"Are you okay Camila? You zoned out and I am calling your name 5 minutes ago, telling that we are here now" I asked her.

"Yeah Y/N i'm fine" she said,

"Good" I said then get out of the driver seat and opened the door for her, as she got out of the car I frowned at her outfit, she is wearing a crop top its a little revealing in my opinion.

"Are you comfortable with your clothes cami? Its a little revealing you know" I told her.

"Yes I'm comfortable with it Y/N" she told me. But it really looks like uncomfortable but I think it was just me, i'm not used to it, seeing camila wear that kind of clothing.

"Okay, but here" I said taking off my jacket and gave it to her, she looked at me with a confused facial expression.

"Put it on" I said then she just shrugged and and put it on.

We walked towards the school and we saw the other girls already there waiting for us.

They waved at us when they saw us and we walked towards them, I was greeted by Lauren with a koala hug. I chuckled Lauren can be so childish sometimes.

"Hi to you too Lauren" I said and I felt someone staring at me, not only one but two pairs of eyes are staring at me, one from camila who is staring at me intently and from Dinah who is glaring at me, I put Lauren down and she pouted.

"Lauren we just saw each other yesterday" I said laughing again.

"Well I missed you Y/N, its been three years since we last saw each other" she said

"Okay but we need to go to our class now, we don't want to be late" I said,

"Yeah come on girls, we gotta get going, we have music first" ally said.

We walked on the hallway going to the music room, I am staring at Dinah amused by the way she stares at Lauren.

When we arrived at the music room we sat on the back, I decided to sit beside Dinah, she was shocked at first but recovered immediately.

"Hey D" I greeted

"Hey" she plainly said.

"So how are you?" I asked her

"I'm fine" she said then she looked at Lauren once again.

She thought I didn't noticed her constant staring at the green eyed beauty.

"Ask her out already" I told her and she looked at me,

"Who am I gonna ask out?" Dinah asked me.

"Lauren" I simply said.

"What are you talking about Y/N? She's my friend" she said defensively

"Oh come on dinah, its very obvious but don't worry, the girls are oblivious" I said, "hey that rhymes" I said then Dinah just stared at me.

"How did you know that I liked Lauren?" She asked.

"As I said its pretty obvious to me, the way you look at her" I told her and she just said and she was really shocked.

"And if I were you dinah, you better make a move on her already before someone makes a move  before you" I said then walked out on her table, leaving a stunned dinah. I smiled to myself as I walk towards my original seat.